The Capitil and Its Freaks

Chapter 3

I'm awakened the next day by the radiant sun shinning through the curtains. I get up and leave the bed a mess thinking why even make it. I get the first thing from the drawer, a plain blue shirt and some black pants and I put them on. Then a soft knock on the door, its Liz, I answer with a quiet "Yes" "Breakfast is done, come down and eat" she said. I walk out immediately after I hear her walk away. I make my way to the dinning room slowly hoping to miss all the conversation. But when i get there Finnick, Liz, and surprisingly Jess are all talking. I sit next to Liz like I did last night. As I sit down Im surprise once again but to see the emotion is back in Jess's pale face. I cant help but to smile at him and he smiles back. The conversation continues.

"So Lidia what do you think about being in the Career pack?" Finnick askes, my mouth dropes open and the bread that was in it falls out "WHA!" is the only answer get out. "well District 4 is a career District" he says, "well do we look like tributes to you!" I say gesturing at myself and Jess. He stares at Jess for backup, well haven't they been having talkes WITHOUT me, but backup comes. "Lidia" he said with a calming voice because he knows im getting mad, "If we get into the careers there will be a better chance of makeing it longer" Jess says. Making it longer? Doesnt he believe one of us might be able to win this. I know what he's saying still has some truth in it though but I continue on to state "I think we could make it farther without some stupid pack" NOT.

I would prefer to be with my brother, where I know I wont be betrayed and end up with a knife in my back, literally. Jess makes a disapproving face like he always when he doesn't agree with what I think. Finnick interrupts what seems to be a stare down between me and him to say "Well how about you get to know the other careers before we make a decision". BLAH how can I get to know someone I know will sooner or later try to kill me, well it doesn't matter I don't want to be in the careers and thats finally. "Fine" Jess said as i put the bread back in my mouth after that the conversation stops, awkward. But as we continue to eat, Finnick catches quick glances at me and Jess probably trying to analyze what we can do.

All of a sudden everything goes dark, I pick up the knife that was laying on the table ready for anything I guess. But it turns out we just went through a tunnel and the lights come back and everyone stares at me and I let the knife fall, more awkward. The lights shine bright through the windows in the compartment. Jess fast walks over to the window to see what can only be the capital, I make my way to the window slower because I'm not to eager to see the people that want to see us die in an arena. AS we pull up into the train station we get glances of a huge crowd screaming and pointing are way. All of them seeming way to excited. There are some banners these freakish capitol people hold up with District 4 on them, But thats not what catches my eyes are the bright white marble and pillors everythings just looking so fancy and expensive.

Ugh! The train starts to slow down and the crowd gets even more ecstatic as the doors open. First out is Finnick, the crowd goes wild yelling his name and even some of the ladies faint, wow really? Even whens hes like 64 or something. But he doesn't walk away, he steps to the side and announces us "Ladies and gentlemen, Lidia and Jess Arrelo your District 4 tributes." Liz pushes us forward Infront of the crowd which is now screaming our names as well. Jess offers me his shoulder and I take it. We walk through the crowd with Finnick to the Training center, Nothing seems mored interesting to me than the elevator it pretty much over looked the whole place, talk about a nice view.

We make it to the floor assigned to us, Jess steps out of the elevator first and is surrounded from what can only be our prep team. One with blue hair and way to man tattoos the other with brown curled hair and what I can only make out as whiskers on her face the last one with bright pink hair that hurts your eyes just to stare at it and the skinniest body ever.

The one with the blue hair shrieks "OH look at this handsome boy" she said as she grabs his face "I just love his black hair its so sparkle and shiny like!" then the other one with pink hair jumps in " Oh and just look at these eyes, some king of glosey blue and you cant ignore those barely noticable freckles!" Its true my brother was handsome him and Daniel both look like my mother glosey blue eyed and a sort of light black hair color with the smallest freckles ever, but me I looked like my father Black haired and with evergreen eyes.

The whicker one started next "yes, yes but he still needs work". No one has even noticed me maybe because im standing behind Finnick. But then Finnick moves from infront off me and a shreik peirces my ears from the whisker one "Oh god, look at the girl now shes pretty!" all of them turn to look at me and then it startes they all grab at me. " I love her sparkley green eyes they just see right through you!" said pink hair as she holds my face. Blue hair continues with "No, look at her hair its a perfect shade of black nothing like the boys and it goes great with the headband."

Seriously what are they looking at my hair is a mess and my eyes are just dull. "Of course she perfect just look at her curved body" says whisker face. I felt my cheeks turn red from embarresment, and it was noticable from the laughter that came from Jess and even Finnick and Liz has some chuckles. A random thought runs in my head if blue was in this year in the Capital I mean Liz and this lady both have blue hair. But my thought is over as son as whisker face say "To bad we cant work on them right now, we have to wait until the other tributes get her" ahe goes on to say with a smile "But we can show you to your rooms".

Down a hallway is my room a little farther down is Jess's, we stand inthe hallway for a while until Jess talkes "Listen, in that arena I want you always to stand by me" he said with his eyes focused on only me as serious as possible. I saw my only answer "of course" then Liz walkes down the hall to tell us to stay in our rooms until the rest of the tributes get here. We do as we are told and each go into our rooms. I walk in and the first thing I notice is the mirror, I go look at myself in it and notice I look tired so I decide to go take a a nap. Which doesnt end up successful because there are to many thinks inmy head to sleep so I just lay on the big bed looking up at the elegant ceiling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoped you enjoyed it I tryed to add a little more of Jess so you can get a picture of what he looks like to. Well anyways thanks fro reading. Also....

Fan, Vote, and Comment

It would be really appreciated :D :)

~Heal-Over-Time