The 100th Hunger Games

"Lidia get up!" I awake to the yelling of my mother to the worst day every. The reaping of tthe horrible Quarter Quell was today, talk about the horrible twist they put on it this year . "As a reminder to the rebels that familys where being torn apart because of them each District will need to proved siblings". "Lidia are you up yet!" I groan and yell down the stairs "Yes mom"

I get out of bed and put a headband in my black hair and a green dress with a white bow in the center to match my evergreen eyes. Will my mind races different thougths District 4 is a career district but not many parents have both there kids as careers. I have two brothers but neither is a career Daniels 19 and my other brother Jess is 16 two years older than me. While im thinking my mother yells again "Get down her Lidia Before I go up there and pull you down here by your hair!"

I run down stairs to my yelling mother. Me and her dont have such a great relationship she likes my brothers better because they're "Men" as she says. My father died in a fishing accident 2 years ago for NO reason I believe she thinks it was my fault. I was there that day but not with my father. "Here eat some cereal and then go make some candy corn" My mother snaps, we own one of the only candy shopes in District 4 you think that with our candy shop we wouldnt need tessure, but we still do most people dont want candy.

I eat the cereal and walk into the candy store hopeing not to get my dress dirty. "Lidia come look Daniels making the longest taffy ever" Jess tells me I walk with him and I notice his elegant suit that use to be Daniels. I see Daniel in my fathers old suit looking handsome.

"He look this could be a monument" Daniel says holding out taffy. We all laugh, I love them even if my mother prefers them. We go on with our work and I make as much candy corn as possible. And then we all go out to see our friends before the reaping. I only really have 2 friends because I dont trust people and there trouble makers.

Alic and Jamie if were not fishing and swimming were tripping people and stealing things.Alic lives right next to me have been close ever since my fathers death and I meet Jamie in school and she has something that makes you trust her. I spot them next to the career center both of them elegantly dressed. Alic yells at me "May the odds be ever in your favor" I laugh and say "you too". Well I've been getting yelled at from everyone today. Jamie asks "wheres your brothers" sometimes they would hang out with us, I answered "Hanging with their other friends". We walk around for a while not talking at all just thinking.

We all had family it would be horrible to get chosen District 4 may be a career district but no career would want to take there siblings to fight to the death. There will be no volunteering this time im sure of it. My mind wonders on the ocean i love the ocean! Im brought back to reality when Alic taps my shoulder and says "its time for the reaping". We walk to the center square together I spot Daniel and my mother off in a corner my mother looking for Jess and Daniel looking for me. He spots me  and waves, I wave back and I can see the worry on his face.

Jess is already in the boys line for the 16 year oldes He smiles at me he always seems so happy on such a bad day. Alic leaves us to go get in the boys 14 year old line Me and Jamie go to the girls. We stand in behind some tall strong career girls that seem excited about the hunger games.

The mayor starts his every year speech that lastes for hours in my mind when it over our mentor for this year comes on stage Finnick Odair. He's handsome for an old person and loved all around Panem he says a fast greeting and the escort comes to the podiem, Liz she has blue curls this year and her skin is a blue color.

"Welcome To the 100 Hunger games and may the odds be ever in your favor" Liz says she continues by saying "Lets get this years female tribute". This is it , who ever the girl is her brother will have to fight to the death with her in the arena. Liz walks over to the orb and pulls out a slip of paper from the middle here goes the name. "Your female tribute is.....

"Lidia Arrelo"

The worst day of my life is officially today

With my name pulled I just havent ruined my life I've ruined my brother, Jess's as well.