Whats in These Woods?

Hey, I know this is usually at the end, but wanted to say sorry for updating so late I usually do it every other week. But I had the CRCT this past week. And I got a writer’s block for a while and then my internet stopped working.*looks over at all the readers* So did you guys like the chapter or what? No one said much about it. I mean was it really that boring?. But Thank you for reading :D….Well here we go the next chapter. There guna be some big surprises in the next chapter. Fan, Vote, Comment, Please.

Chapter 10

The snow from the tree hits the ground waking me up. It feels harder to breath from the altitude of the tree now. I can only imagine what it must be like up on the mountains. I take a bite out of the beef jerky and drink some water from the backpack before getting everything. I take one last look around to make sure no one was there and to identify in which direction the mountains are in. I jump down softly onto the snowy ground. Just as I turn to the left and start walking there’s a sudden sound in the trees on my right. I grab my sword with both my hands expecting the worst, but nothing comes out. I decide to be brave for once and walk towards the noise in the leafs. The noises continue while I step forward more.

Then a rabbit jumps out of the leaves. I let the sword down some while I get closer to the white rabbit it looks so innocent. I bent down to pet it and it teeth came out with giant fangs the size of my pinky. Before I could remove my hand it bites me! Right around my thumb! I scream out in pain as it digs it’s fangs deeper into my skin. The next thing I know I’m stabbing my sword everywhere to get the freaky rabbit off of me. I finally stab it in the stomach and it falls off I clutch my hand looking at the bite mark.

Blood oozes out of the two openings I glare at the now dead rabbit. Then I remember where I’m at, and screaming and running frantically are not a good idea if you want to stay alive. I look at the rabbit and decide it could be food I pick the rabbit up by the ear and watch the last drops of blood fall onto the now red snow. I sling it onto my belt and loop it around by one of its ears. Then over by the leaves again comes noises of footsteps, and this time there no telling if it’s an animal or someone heard me scream. I don’t have time to think I grab my sword with my right hand and make a run for it.

I speed fast through the trees with some of the branches whipping my face. You would have thought that as fast as I was running I would have been to the mountains already. But nothing I feel lost. I stop running and walk making sure not to make noise. I turn every corner and feel a bad feeling in the middle of my stomach. My hand still in pain I try to ignore the burning sensation that comes from the fang holes. Everything seems to quite or is it just my paranoia. Then I come to a clearing still in the woods, but what I see makes me jump back and fall on my butt.

 There in the middle of the clearing in the snow is a big puddle of blood. I hold my hand up to my face in shock. I didn’t hear any canons when I was running. Its fresh blood I stand up and walk over to it then I notice a trail leading through some trees into a cave .I get closer to the cave and listen for some noise maybe an animal. The blood trail goes deeper into the cave. My sword is at ready for whatever might come out. My hand still hurts when I grip the sword. Then my heart drops all the way to my foot. I hear a dragging coming from the cave heading out.

I run into the trees on the left of the cave and climb onto one of the short ones hoping the canopy while shield me. They dragging come closer to the entrance and by the sound of it you can make out it’s big. Then what I see almost makes my gasp and lose my balance on the tree. Out comes a tribute I can’t recognize at first then when she changes sides to drag a big bleeding bear out of the cave I notice it’s the District 11 female, The one with the twin.  I’m surprised by how she took down that bear I mean I say here at training she wasn’t good at killing anything.

 But yet in the bottom of my stomach I felt something was wrong. She just dropped the bear in front of the cave and walked away. As she walks away I grip my sword harder. What if she did see me? What if she’s just waiting for my guard to go down? I start to feel crazy, but I sit in the tree for at least 23 minutes until I finally know she’s gone. Before I hope of the trees I notice I’m close to the mountains. I jump off and land on my feet, I walk over towards the bear to inspect how she killed it. But what I see makes me sick. It looks like the bear was just clawed to death.

My limbs turn to jelly. How could she have killed it like that?!  I’m Scared for my life just standing there. I have to put space between me and this hiding spot the girl has. I run back toward the direction of mountain not even daring to look back. I run until I start to hyperventilate then slow down into a walk. I keep my ears out trying to hear anything that while alert me. I look in every direction like a mad person. Then my foot hits a ditch and I fall into the snow. I lay there in the snow looking up at the cold almost gray sky. I remember my encounter with the vampire rabbit this morning and decide it would be better to get up.

This time I speed walk. I hear a twig break behind me and I turn around still walking to find nothings there. Then when I turn back around I hit a hard surface. I step back rubbing my head to look up and find the mountains. There are so many caves to pick from. I pick one not too high because by now I was tired of all the running. I put my gloves back on and start climbing. I was never good at climbing rocks I would always put on too much pressure and the little rock u put your feet on would break.  I try my hardest to stay balanced on the rocks, but they still end up cracking. I decide to stay in a lower cave before I fall all the way down.

I walk in and sit down near the opening of the cave. I slip my gloves off again and look at the scars left by the rabbit bite. “that was a close one” I say out loud. Oh great I’m going crazy. I move my knees near my head and shield it with my arms. I try to stay calm, but I feel like I’m having a panic attack. And I feel worse when I hear the sound. It reminds me of my dream because it’s a piercing scream that hurts my ears. But that’s not the worst part. The worst part is the scream is familiar.

It’s Darling….