Training Day 2: An Enemy In My Alliance

• Dedicated to Stephanie Hernandez

Chapter 6

I run through a thick group of trees, away from the piercing noise that threatens to blow my ears. But as I run farther away from it the more the noise gets into my head and stops all thoughts I try to connect together. I run as fast as my legs carry me but the worst part is I don't even know where the shrieking noise comes from it just follows me as I run trying to dodge branches. It starts to get so bad I clench my head between my arms and closes my eyes hoping that if I concentrate the noise will at least subside a little. But it doesn't I end up running right off a cliff as I scream I look down into a little river, but a high fall into water is just like hitting cement its self. I scream harder at the point of bursting my lungs then I hit the water.

I wake up bathed in sweat, oh great the games haven't even started and I'm already having nightmares about it. Then there's a knock on my door "Lidia, are you okay" Jess said from behind the door, I try to catch my breath before answering "yes". He doesn't seem too convinced by answer but he still walks away, I get up and look out the little window on the far side of the room. It's still early morning so I decide to go take a shower maybe it can calm my nerves a little bit I doubt it. I get in the shower and stick to the buttons I already know not wanting to get splashed by cold water again or have some strange substance on me. I come out smelling like cotton candy again and at least a tad bit relaxed now. I put on the clothes that are laid out for us, this time there gray pants with blue laced into them and a sea green V-neck shirt with plain white shoes with grip heels.

I walk out of my room trying to walk like I have some confidence, which I don't. These dread Hunger Games are making me have a bad case of insomnia which isn't good if I need my energy for training. I walk into the dining room it looks like I'm the first one here today so I take what my regular seat would be. It doesn't take long before Jess comes walking in after me.

"Well aren't you up early" he said with an innocent smile,, "Yea I'm thinking maybe today we should try out some of the weapon since yesterday we only did survival skills. He nodes and stuffs a piece of bread into his mouth, then Finnick comes in looking gloomy maybe he couldn't get any sleep either. He sits down at the head of the table running his head like he got a massive head ache. "Um... Finnick are you ok" I ask wondering if he even realized we're here, he gazes up with distant look in his eyes and says "peachy". I don't have time to ask anything else when Liz comes storming in "Eat up, eat up, you all need your energy for training" she says while having a seat a grabbing a piece of bread. We all eat with an awkward silence.

Jess and I get up first followed by Liz while Finnick just sits there for a while. Liz once again pushing us into the elevator, talk about desperate to get a victor. We make it to the training area and this time the careers are waiting for us, Sparkle glaring at me with hate. We walk up to them and we all say hi as if we were old friends. This time the District 2 kids actual talk it turns out there names are Chance and Ruby. We all decide to head to different directions, but we agree to meet up for lunch. This is fine with me; it just helps me perfect my plan. Me and jess head over to the archery station to learn how to use them. I can handle the bow and arrows but I never hit the target which is bad, its ever worse for Jess who can't even load the arrow on the bow.

Spears where Jess is excellent at with all his practice form District 4 he can hit about any target moving or still. I wasn't as great as him I could only hit targets that weren't moving so fast. I looked around at the rest training and I spot Tara and Ryden at the archery where you can tell Tara has some experience in it. I would love to go over there and talk to them but as I look at my right Sparkle is looking at me and it would be suspicious if she saw me talking to them. I turn back to a gloating Jess about how great his aim is; well I take another try at throwing a spear long distance. This time when I look back I notice he has been analyzing the other tributes too, I follow his gaze to Shine who is at the sword station stabbing all the stuffing out of a dummy then Jess's gaze changes to Chance and Ruby who are at knife throwing  Chance hits everything the throw at him.

There strong and a threat. In the middle of my thoughts the alarm telling us its time for Lunch sounds. We stick to our planes and sit with the careers even though I would rather be somewhere else I have to stick around and act innocent. We eat lunch and talk strategy which I like; I could use one of these. Shine suggests "We break up into 2 groups; one hunts in the morning the other in the night for tributes" after a moment of pondering this Ruby speaks up "But wouldn't it be more useful to hunt at night where they will never expect it" she said while Sparkle shakes her head and say "That's what all the other Career groups have done and if they've seen the Hunger Games they know" Chance interrupts "OH I get it, they won't expect use to be looking for them in the daylight" Shines eye twinkles and he says "exactly".

Dang he's good; at least I wouldn't have expected that. Shine's eyes then turn to me and Jess, "So what do you think Jess" he said noticing Jess's lack of conversation. "mhm sure" Jess says without even looking away from the direction he was staring at. I follow his gaze once again but this time to the District 3 tributes a little girl around 12 that little and petite with a brown hair and blue eyes and his 18 year old brother with short shaggy brown hair and piercing blue eyes . I wonder if he's thinking in strategy like me, that boy is one of the few 18 year olds in this games he would be a good alliance. But I'm side tracked by the protective way he stares at his little sister, is that what Jess is really looking at? Lunch is over and we all get up.

When we head by into the training Jess taps my shoulder "I 'ma go ask the spear director a little something" he says then walks away. I look around and find the place I want to try out, the sword station with just my luck the District 3 tributes are there. I try to walk over like I didn't see them but it was hard not to notice how even though the boy was from District 3 he was still good at sword fighting. He caught my eyes as I stared and walked over to me "What do you want kid" he says. I was caught at a loss of words how was he just going to talk to someone that was supposedly a Career like that!!! I have to admit he had guts, "just admiring your sword fighting" I said "By the way my names Lidia not kid". He looks at me from head to toe and turns around "I'm Will and that Darling" He says pointing at his sister trying to balance a sword I didn't like his lack of attention so I tried something risk to say hoping he wouldn't take it the wrong way "Your sisters pretty" I said grabbing a sword ready to try it out.

 The instructor lets us spar and he's good, I learn from what he does and he notices. As we stop he says "You have talent and your brother good with spears I'll think about an alliance" I nod and smile to myself he was thinking the same thing I was. Will and Darling leave the sword station and I've had enough of it to I look for Jess to see him at the archery again, I wonder why? So I head over to the throwing knives station without thinking and there is Sparkle she smiles as I approach. "Will you spar with me Lidia" she says letting out a grin, me trying not to show how much she scares me I say "yea". The instructor hands us some knifes and we start, at first I think we both are starters but then she gets better and better. We weren't suppost to actual hit each other but her last knife cuts my knee, which makes me crouch down. Sparkle walks over to help me up and as she does she whispers in my ear "We may be in an alliance but at the first sign of you leaving I will personally kill you and your brother".

My eyes widen in shock she's already targeting me...and Jess. After that she grins from side to side at my expression then walks away as the bell rings sounding the end of this training day. We head back to our floor for Dinner I stay quit all the while with Sparkles words still ringing in my ear. Jess seems to notice because all the while he speaks his eyes never leave me. I don't want to be questioned so I make up an excuse that I'm tired from all the training, which I kind of am to leave Dinner early. I make it into my room and lay on the bed, hoping that the dark would just consume me, but it doesn't I find sleep and head back into my nightmares.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey, just wanted to say sorry if it took me long to update and if this is to long, I was kinda sidetrcked wit some drama at school -_-. but im good now and Are u guys EXCITED we're almost to arena!!!! and I have some big things planed for that :D

Fan, Vote, Comment, Please.

Thank You for Reading I appreciate it :)

~Heal-Over-Time