Chapter 8: The Boy's Just Afraid

Author's note: Now I've determined how I'll be updating; Every time a single chapter reaches 15 comments I'll update! (No, spamming doesn't count.)

Please note that the next few chapters will be on the Toby & Masky from the past that will eventually lead up to present. I don't like how the italics look so everything is going to be in regular font, sorry if it's confusing.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 8: The Boy's Just Afraid
I groaned as I looked back at this ill-mannered teen. He was probably my age, though in obvious terms I was much more mature and, let's face it, more polite.

"So this is the guy you have to deal with for the next few years, huh?" Eyeless Jack asked as he rested his head on his hand, leaning against the counter. I took a drink of my soda and sighed. "Guess so." I was flattered that Slender entrusted me in guiding this guy because I'm a reliable person in his eyes, but I'm not gonna sugar coat the fact that he's a complete asshole, that I might not even be able to handle him for so long, and the given fact that from our first impression I quickly gained the knowledge that he has no patience whatsoever.

"I wouldn't mind if he were a bit nicer. But no. I'm stuck with an-"
"An asshole. I know. You've mumbled it about a million times, Masky. Hey, remember when BEN was new here? And I had to take care of him?"
"Yeah?"
"Well, it wasn't so smooth either. He's basically your Toby." He shrugged as he glanced at the window watching the droplets of rain falling. "He was so annoying. A crybaby one second and a total bitch the other. But we learned to get along. He just got here. He doesn't know what's going on, hell, he's probably scared out of his mind. He hasn't met LJ, Sally, BEN or even me. He'll flip his shit when he does. We're all just...freaks." He sighed as he finished his pep talk and looked up at the ceiling. He had a point. When I was recruited there was no one here. I was the first guy to ever show up in the mansion, and I wasn't even that old. I was pretty damn young. Taking this into consideration, I probably can't even comprehend what Toby must be feeling right now.

"Thanks, Jack. Your talk did help me realize a few things."

Everyone in the mansion has been here for a while. As I got to know them, our conversations got better and so did my social skills little by little. Though, if you were new, I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation. That I knew sure of.

"No problem," he replied as he stretched, yawning as he did."

"Should I talk to him? What if he's not scared? What if he's cool with all of this?"

This question made EJ look me dead in the eye with a rather "Wow, you're an idiot," feeling to it. "Yes, Masky. This poor, normal-life-lived human who's never seen killers in his life or is probably not even aware we're killers, who's been dragged out of his normal life from a tall, faceless man with tentacles coming out of his back that makes eerie static noises when you get too close to him is completely calm and nonchalant about all of this."

"Thanks for the sarcasm," I said as I groaned and rolled my eyes. Okay, maybe that was a stupid question. Getting up from my seat, I walked out of the kitchen to the stairway and began making my way to my room. "I wonder if Toby knows where he's even going," I thought to myself. Now that I think about it, did Slender even assign him a room? Where is even Toby?

Once I reached up the stairs, the long, narrow hallway seemed to stretch out forever. It seemed like a single pathway with doors on each side of either wall. Kinda like a hotel where rooms are beside one another and in front of one another. There was a vacant room in front of mine that has always been empty for as long as I remember. However, it seemed as though it wasn't vacant anymore. I peaked through the door that seemed to be slightly ajar and saw a small bed, clothes that had seemed to have been carelessly thrown on the floor, and a closet that was a bit open. Walking in due to my curiosity, I had an uneasy sensation run through me as I heard each unfamiliar creak of the floorboards under me. Examining the room, I noticed a small picture that had been tossed on the bed next to, who I believe was Toby's, luggage.

Picking up the picture, I saw a young woman with blonde hair wearing a purple shirt. An older woman, maybe in her thirties, with short black hair and fair, pale skin. Then there was Toby, and a tall man with an "X" written over his face in black permanent marker. "Don't touch that."

I jumped as I put the frame down and looked around. "Toby? You in here?" I looked around once again. "No, I'm not in here. Thats why I can see everything you're doing." After a few seconds, I realized it was coming from the wardrobe.

( PLEASE NO COMMENTS
SAYING THAT THIS SCENE REMINDS THEM OF OHSHC)

"Toby, what are you doing in there?" As I tried to open the doors, they only seemed to have gotten more difficult to open. "Did you lock yourself in there?"

"I'm scared, Masky." I let go of the handles as I let my arms droop to my sides. After a few seconds, I crouched down in front of the wooden wardrobe and exhaled. "I know."

"I'm confused. I'm terrified. I'm sad. Where am I? Who are you people? Where's home..."

I tried to mentally assemble anything I could use to try to comfort him, though each time seemed to fail as I just couldn't find the words.

"I don't have sis anymore...Ma's probably terrified of me..I don't belong anywhere.."

"Don't say that."

"It's true!"

"It's not!" I screamed as I got up and got a strong grip on the door handles and pried the doors open. As it opened, a small, sad boy was in it, tears falling down his cheeks. For a second, I thought it was me from when I was younger. As he looked up, I could see in his eyes the longing for a place to belong and the brokenness of his emotional state.

"You belong here now. We're all outcasts. We're all strange. Hell, we're all fucking freaks! But we care and look out for one another. No matter what our differences, and let me tell you, there a lot of 'em! But we're still here. We'll take care of you now. You're okay. It's okay to cry. It's okay to be sad. It's okay to be confused. But it's not okay to feel out of place anymore." Before I knew it I felt arms wrapped around me, and a poor, broken man sobbing before me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hoped you like it! Next chapter updates when I reach 15/20 comments on this chapter☁️ IG//@Parawhorism

Thanks for reading !