Chapter 2: Shouldn't have done that.

Chapter 2

Tilting his head to the side, Masky smirked a bit as he saw a small tint of pink that laid across Toby's cheeks that tied up very nicely to the night. "What's the matter?" Masky had asked as his smug grin widened. "NOTHING! WHY DO YOU ASK?!" He took note that Toby's body seemed to have tensed up as he asked what was wrong, and he also took notice that he had curled his palms into fists. Oh, geez. Someone was quite the in denial.

"You're blushing," He started as he gazed up into the sky, smiling at the stars. "I'm not. You're obviously seeing things." Toby tried to change the subject quickly because he did know for a fact that he was indeed blushing. Sighing, the hatchet-wheeling proxy decided to lay besides his partner, gazing upwards. The stars were scattered everywhere, here and there constellations could be found. The moon was a crescent tonight which made it look like a Cheshire smile was above them. The breeze kicked in here and there, making Toby shiver a bit. "Cold?" Masky asked in concern.

"No, I'm so totally hot right now. That's why I shivered." Of course a smart-ass comment would come from him, but that was alright. Secretly, Masky did think it was adorable, even though he knew that Toby didn't believe it when he said it so himself.

~*~Toby's POV~*~

Cute? Cute. That was one word I hated being described as. Doesn't he acknowledge me as a hardcore murder? He said so earlier, yet he just HAD to add that I was...cute! I looked over at him and scoffed, making him perk his head up. My eyes not breaking contact, I realized that for once I actually see his eyes. They were a mix of hazel and green, yet bluish under the light. "U-Uh...." I stuttered out without realizing. Why did I even say anything? "What?" Shifting a bit, I scoffed and looked back up at the stars. Masky had sat up and continued to gaze upward as he took a butterfly knife out of his pocket, flicking it around. "Can you be quiet?" I snapped at him, making him giggle a bit. "Okay!" Getting to my feet, I folded my arms and glared at him. "That's it!" Confused, he got up as well and had that stupid, smug smirk stuck onto his face. Damn. I wanted to smack it..and- no. Nothing. Never mind.

"That's it, what?"

"You know what I'm talking about, Masky! The giggling, the-"

"Like I said," Masky approached me, lightly scooping up my chin with his index finger, forcing me to look up into his eyes. "It's..cute." Jerking back, I swatted his hand away and frowned. "Don't touch me! What the hell was that anyways?!" Laughing, he just looked at me as if I were out of my mind. I am, but obviously not at the moment.

"You're so confusing!"
"That's a good thing."
"And..and irritating!"

"Also a good thing."

"And so smug!"

"Another good thing."

"How is this even fucking so?! I swear to God if you have that stupid smirk on your face one more time-"

"You'll what?" He smirked. Oh, now it's on. Growling a bit, I charged at him without hesitation, ready to upper-cut him. At this point, he'd pissed me off to the limit. "You're gonna get it, Timothy!" Dodging it, he decided to kick his foot forward, tripping me. I fell onto my knees and palms, jerking my head back at him. Of course, he was laughing but quickly stopped as soon as he saw the burn of the glare I was giving him. "Okay, okay, sorry. But hey- in my defense, you were comin' at me." Extending his hand, I hesitantly put mine on his, him helping me up. This was the perfect opportunity. Balling up my right fist, I swung, aiming towards his chin. However, I was quickly stopped by his hand grasping onto my wrist. Smirking, he pushed me on the back a bit roughly, however not enough to make me fall once again. "Listen, Toby. I don't wanna fight or anything. So, I'll tell you what. I'll stop smirking-"

"Yes!"

"For the night."

"Oh." I frowned when I heard this. I guess it's better than nothing though anyways. At least I wouldn't have to see that grin for the remainder of the night. Or..morning I guess.

~*~Regular POV~*~

Chuckling, The Masked Man turned onto his heels, beginning to walk back home. "Well, it was nice star-gazing with you for like...ten minutes!" Frowning at his sarcasm, Toby caught up with him, his arms crossed. "Well, we would have been able to enjoy it longer if you would had just kept your mouth shut, saying I was that profound word!" Raising a brow, Masky tried thinking what he was talking about. "Oh, the cute thing?" As he said this he had stretched his arms up, yawning as he did. "Yeah, and the chuckling shit. Like, can you not?!" Knowing that this annoyed Toby, he'd only want to do it more. Just for the pleasure of watching an irrational reaction.

"C'mon, you're pretty funny on how you take stuff."

"Oh?! How so?!"

"C'mon just look at yourself!"
"No thanks. I know how I react and it's not cute. If it were anyone else saying the smart-ass comments I say or dumb things I do, you'd snap. What makes me so different?!"

Stopping on his tracks, he let out a sharp exhale and turned to Toby, looking him in the eyes. "Isn't it obvious by now? The way I laugh at your little fits and reactions to stuff? The way I gaze at you when you're not paying attention? The way I'm open to you, and not to anyone else? Ask Hoodie, Rouge or Kate. Any of our fellow-proxies! I'm not open to any of them! I'm...comfortable around you! I can probably tell you anything, and you just don't pay attention to that. I find it really cute the way you take stuff." Grumbling, Masky began rubbing the back of his head as he closed his eyes, awaiting some sort of punch on the arm or something that Toby would usually give him. Although, when he snapped one eye open, the only thing he saw was our hatchet-wheeling proxy with a blush on his face, beginning to walk ahead of Masky. "I probably said something wrong, didn't I?" Masky said to himself, running his fingers stress-fully through his hair. Watching Toby walking even faster, he himself had begun to pick up his pace. However, this didn't do much because Toby took note of this, and thus began sprinting back home.

"I'm such an idiot..." Groaning, Timothy had decided to stop chasing after Toby, and plop down onto the grass, his legs in a criss-cross position. "Probably just sounded like a confession." He found himself in the palms of his hands, sighing in defeat. Maybe he shoulda just kept his mouth shut and never had said a word.

Panting, Toby slammed the door behind him, his eyes still wide and blush still plastered onto his pale face. "I-I must've m-misunderstood what..he had just said.." Leaning his back against the door, he found himself slipping downward until he plopped onto the floor, his back still against the door. "Misinterpret..yeah. Not like he likes me like that. Right? Haha..." Gulping a bit, he had taken his hand and scruff his hair a bit, tiny droplets of sweat seeping down his forehead. His heart was beating fast into his chest, however not because he had just ran so much. It was for another reason, and he knew that quite well. "No! There is no way he likes me! No. Fucking. Way. So...stop thinking like that Toby!" Slapping himself repeatedly, he had got up and continued to sprint up the stairs into his bedroom. Locking the door quickly, he had jumped into his bed, running his fingers onto the sheets. "Calm down...calm down..."

Coming through the door, Masky had checked the clock before anything. It was almost 3am. "We've been out there for an hour..?" he asked himself aloud. Shaking his head, he walked up the stairs up into his bedroom.

~*~*~
Uggggh you guys have absolutely no idea how bad of a writer's block I've had this week. Plus, some pretty stressful stuff's been happening so this week had been quite hecktic! Expect another update tomorrow by the way! Xoxo~ Admin (Leave a comment & like please?!)