Chapter 9: The Crush

PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THIS TAKES STILL IS CONTINUING IN THE FLASHBACK, AND WILL FOR A COUPLE OF CHAPTERS. THEIR FIRST DATE CHAPTER WILL BE SOON BUT NOT YET. THANK YOU.

Also please note that I do realize in the fourth chapter I mentioned Rouge being interested in Masky but I've changed it to Ann Lusen Mia (correct me if name wrong) since I've seen fanart of them together and thought it might create a clearer image. No, I don't ship them, just need some sort of relationship drama to happen to make the story more interesting. Ya know? 💕💕

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's been a few days now that the new proxy recruit, Toby, came along. Since I was in charge of him and had to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't get himself in some kind of trouble, you can imagine how many migraines I've got from him.

Him as a person wasn't as annoying as it was the struggle to teach him stealth and how to properly and swiftly take the life of someone. Sure, the only annoying thing about his personality was him being an ass, but it started to grow on me. I get used to things quite easily.

"Look," I sighed as I once again took it from the top and lifted my knife. "You never lift you knife like this. Like some horror movie. Sure, it'll kill 'em, but it'll make a mess of blood and I'm in charge of cleaning it up. You can imagine that I don't want to clean up too much of a mess considering I have to deal with Jeff's kills..."

"They're not that bloody!" Retorted a passing Jeff who flicked me off as he walked by. As I rolled my eyes, I continued his lesson. "Rather, you'd want to hold the knife to your side at stomach level and jab them swiftly at their heart for a quick death. No mess, no problem. Got it?" I smiled as I turned around to only frown as I witnessed a sleeping Toby. His bangs were covering his eyes mostly and he was laying on his back, snoring lightly. "Toby." I softly said in attempts to wake him up. "Toby!"

The only response I got from his was a groan and a middle finger. "Thanks for making my job harder, Toby." I scooped him up in my arms and began walking up the stairs into his room. To my surprise, he was actually pretty light. Setting him down on the bed, he immediately grabbed the first thing near him which was a pillow and began cuddling it and slightly drooling on it. I winced at the poor pillow. "Gross.." I said quietly as I closed the door behind me and walked downstairs. At their usual table, BEN & EJ were mindlessly chattering as BEN signaled for me to come over. "So how's the new recruit?" He teased as he played with the straw in EJ's drink which was quickly pulled away by EJ with a stern glare. "Toby, is it?"

"Yeah," I sighed as I face planted on the table. "Jeez. What's gotten you all beat up?"

"He's not taking a damn thing seriously. I mean, what's Slender gonna do to Toby if he can't find any use of him? What's he gonna do to me if I can't teach the moron a damn thing?!"

"Whoa, rewind," EJ interrupted as he finished his soda. "You. Masky. Are concerned for someone else's well being?"

"Not concerned. More as if curious."
"Ah. That sounds more like the Masky I know!" BEN pitched in as he played around with EJ's straw again. Honestly I couldn't care less if Toby got punished. My main concern is what Slenderman will do to me because of the knucklehead. Just to add, what's with him being so mellow all of the sudden?! Is this the same guy who broke down sobbing after being locked in a closet and admitting he was afraid of being here just a few days ago?

Shaking it off, I looked through the window again and looked down at the garden. There was Ann. I smiled a bit as I witnessed her picking some flowers and staring at them gently, her red hair flowing as the wind picked up gradually. She was quite timid like myself and noticed she liked to read, write and keep her distance from others. Other than that and her last name, I don't know more information, though I'd like to. "Who's that?" Poked a random Toby who appeared behind me unexpectedly. With a quick jump and knife near his throat, my eyes widened when I realized it was him and let down my knife. "S-sorry. You startled me. It's a reflex..."

With his eyes widened himself, he filled and shook a bit. Trying to gain his cool back, he gently punched my shoulder and slightly smiled. "It's cool. I wasn't scared anyway. And you didn't sense me around, did you?! See ! I did listen to those stealth lessons!"

"Guess you did. You got me. Though it was only because I was distracted."
"Distracted by what?"
"Nothing of much importance to you. Anyway, what I just did was a reflex you'll eventually develop yourself. Which brings me to my next lesson-"
"No more lessons! They're so boring."
"No one said they'd be fun."
"No one said they'd be boring either!" He retorted lastly as he stuck his tongue out at me and glanced back out the window. "Oh yeah, again, who's she?"

Rolling my eyes knowing he wouldn't drop the subject most likely, I found no reason to lie. "That's Ann Mia. Or if you prefer, The Nurse Ann. There."

"So what is she your girlfriend or something?" He asked as he spun around in a rolling chair.
"Why are you so nosy?"
"You're being defensive. I'm assuming she's a crush you have, one you don't have the guts to fess up to, and don't know much about her."
"Shut up!" Though everything was scary accurate I refuse to admit so.

~*~*~
Sorry for the short update. It's like 2:18am and am about to pass out. Hope you enjoyed! Please leave a comment !💕💕 I read through all and they make me smile and want to write more !