38| it was just a dream

Start from the beginning

I looked at him in disgust. "Now, don't give me that look. You're going to love it, they all do eventually."

"You're sick," I spit.

"I prefer psychopath, but I'll take that as a compliment," Tommy replies. "Now, if I were you, I would sit back and relax. You're playing my game now."

After what felt like a twenty-minute ride, the van stopped, and shortly after Tommy opened the door. We were in an abandoned warehouse and I was pretty sure it was one of the empty houses near Laguna Seca. Tommy pulled at me making me struggle. "You're going to regret this Tommy Scott, they're going to find me and you'll be sorry for ever laying your hands on me."

"I'm counting on it," Tommy replies. "And after I'm done with you, I promise you that you're the one who's not going to want to do anything with them."

Tommy dragged me inside the abandoned building and into what looked like the basement. "I will break you till the point where you'll only end up destroying yourself Everest Green. It only takes a few hours. And you have Macy as the prime example."

We walked down the stairs and he threw me into a mattress that was laying on the floor.  "I warned you, I tried to be nice but you wouldn't just leave it alone. And I usually don't give any warnings but I did. For Connery's sake, not yours. I hope this teaches you a lesson Everest." Tommy pauses. "It's time for you to learn, just like Macy, Emily, Charlotte, and the others."

The only reaction I had was to spit him. He laughed as he wiped the spit off of his face. "Now that's not very nice isn't it?"

He took off his shirt and as he was unbuttoning his pants I prepared myself for the worst. "She's ready for you boys." My mind instantly went to Macy. As I saw four figures coming towards me, I froze. Tears started streaming down my face and I started to scream inside my head. I couldn't get the words out.

"Let me go!" I cried. "Please let me go! Don't touch me!"

I was moving back and forth screaming when I felt someone call my name. I could hear the voice calling from afar. "Everest! Everest! Wake up!"

I let out a scream as I fluttered my eyes open. Tears start to stream down my face as the moments of the nightmare I just had flashed through my mind. My heart was beating rapidly. I was shaking. "Ev, look at me!"

Connery grabs my face with his hands. "It was just a dream, it was all just a dream. You're here with me, in my arms, you're safe."

I wrapped my arms around Connery and I placed my head on his chest. It felt real, too real. "He took me, Connery, he took me and he raped me."

"Baby girl, he won't try anything. I promise you." Connery says trying to calm me down. "I won't let him do anything to you."

Peyton walked into the room shortly after. "Is she okay?"

"It was just a nightmare," Connery replies. "She's okay now."

Peyton didn't pry any further.  She just nodded and walked back to her room. She's used to waking up in the middle of the night by my screams. Peyton usually lays in bed with me until I fall back asleep again, but Connery's here now. I wish I could say my nightmares aren't frequent, but I would just be lying to myself. They're a little too frequent for my taste and this is the first time it has happened while he spent the night.

Connery laid in bed with me, running his hands through my hair and caressing my cheeks until I fell back asleep. Every time I jumped, he would instantly wake up again. He had an early exam the next morning and with the little sleep he got during the night, it's safe to say that there's a slight chance he might fail due to tiredness. And it's all my fault.