Chapter 17:- The Betrayal

En başından başla

"He injected Grayson with this." Seth handed Xavier the syringe. "I was just passing by with Riley and Thomas and we all saw him. Seth pointed in a direction where they found Grayson's body.

Xavier glanced once at Grayson and looked at Aiden. Aiden took a step forward and with Roy, they both carried Grayson back to the packhouse. Xavier also linked the other warriors to continue their patrol and to be extra cautious.

He then grabbed Sean by his collar and pushed him against a tree. "Why?"

Sean laughed but he didn't answer.

"Answer the question, Sean!" Seth screamed this time. He had been patient all this time but the thought that the punishment for killing a fellow werewolf is death was pushing him over the edge.

Sean sobered and looked at his brother, "They promised to make me the alpha."

"Are you stupid?" Seth took a step towards him but Ryan held him back by his shoulder, "You have to be born with the power and authority to be an alpha. If not, you have to earn it. And I am pretty sure betrayal and murdering an innocent doesn't make you a fucking alpha." He gritted.

Xavier stared at Sean. Right now, there was another thing that was blocking his mind.

Ryan had an idea what it was and it had been bothering him too. But he didn't ask, he wasn't sure if he wanted to scratch that old wound which still hurts so much. However, Xavier had no mind of letting it go without questioning.

"Sean, the last attack, six months ago... Did you play a role in that?" Ryan stilled and Selena looked at them curiously, she hadn't heard about any attack. She looked at Seth who had turned white now.

Sean looked at Xavier for a second, and then he laughed again, "That was one of the most happening days of my life in this pack. They attacked, Leon led the attack."

Selena froze, the colour drained from her face as well and Ryan moved to stand beside her. Sean looked at her with a creepy smile, but he didn't say a word instead he turned to look at Xavier.

"Devon had seen me, but he couldn't link you. I chased him. Of course, he was faster, but not more than a bullet." He grinned. "I shot him, first on his leg, then his stomach, and finally, I shot his heart."

"Sean..." Seth looked at him horrified.

"Well, the last bullet was unnecessary, I'll accept. He would have died slowly with the amount of silver the bullets released in him. But that son of a bitch said that he had a crush on me. On me!" He laughed, everyone present there looked at him with either shock or fright or a mixture of both. Xavier, however, had a cold blank look.

"So I shot him on the heart."

Xavier smiled, he knelt in front of Sean on one knee and looked right at his eyes, "You had your fun, Sean. Let's see how you take it when you're on the receiving end."

Sean's smile fell, he had always imagined that if he got caught, his alpha would kill him. But the look he saw in Xavier's eyes then sent a shiver down his spine.

Three warriors walked into the area right then.

"Take him into the dungeons. Chain him up and gag him. Two of you stay there and keep an eye on him."

The warriors, without any word, dragged Sean away. The latter looked at his brother but Seth looked away, he couldn't even bring himself to look at him.

Xavier stood and walked in front of Seth and kept a hand on his shoulder, "Do you wanna take the day off and go home?"

"I... I had no idea. Alpha, please believe me I didn't know..."