Bonfire

Hi Everyone!! The video above is to just show the legends, it will probably show up again later in the story when Bella is introduced but right now it is just to show the legends. Also the outfit is Griffins, I though a green theme would be good for him.

I got showered and put my usual cologne on. I quickly dressed and pulled on a green beanie to match. I grabbed my over the shoulder bag, that doubled as a carrier with a small blanket in it for Vulpes and slung it over my shoulder. Checking myself in the mirror I spun and grabbed my guitar before trotting down the stairs. I sat at one of the stools in the kitchen and pulled out my phone as my mother rolled out her famous cookies. Vulpes sat on the stool next to me and wagged his tail as he watched mum.

G: Hiiii! Could you send me the address where the bonfire is?

J: Absolutely! Hang on for a second.

J: **************************************

G: Got it!! I'll see you soon, bearing gifts!

J: See you soon Griffin! Text me when you're on your way. I'll wait out front for you!

I smiled and put my phone away before looking up at my mum who had a smirk on her face as she watched me.

"You like him." she said with a smirk.

"Pshh, no... maybe... okay yes" I said burying my face in my hands. Vulpes Yipped out a laugh which I heard in my head before asking.

Did you ever look at that book? My eyes shot over to him. In one sudden move I ran back upstairs and grabbed the book out of my pack before running back downstairs. I ran back to my spot and leaned against the wall next to me flipping through the pages of the book until I found a page that sounded like it was relevant.

After a Peryton reaches age 16, their magic will begin pulling toward another person. This person helps ground them to make sure they won't overuse or abuse their power. This person Is their soulmate, the one that was made for them by the old Gods since the beginning of time. Perytons fit into two categories, the submissive and the dominant.

It is common for the mate of a Peryton to be in a different species of magical being as well as human, so do not be alarmed if your mate is a vampire or werewolf, as are the most common of the supernaturals. You will know whether a Peryton is Submissive or Dominant by the powers they possess. Dominants usually have a bigger animal form and have more powers based on brute strength. Whereas Submissives have more magic and stronger magical reserves.

They are also faster learners and adapters, tending to get out of situations more efficiently than any other Magical Species. Submissives also tend to be a wide range of colors depending on the forest their ancestors hail from. Submissives Perytons are also the most cherished of the species for there aren't many around the world, and often end up mating with other creatures to save their lineage or make it stronger.

The last Submissive peryton recorded was in the early 1900's to a female american Peryton by the same of Cynthia Morgan who married a dominant Peryton by the name of Edmund Williams a brittish Peryton.

Okay so that's the history of mates I guess... but how do you tell if you found your mate? I understand that this is important, but I am not looking for this right now. Wait... am I a submissive? Not now Griffin! More important matters! I skimmed the rest of the page until I finally found it.

Peryton's can recognize their mates by touch. The second a Peryton touches their mate, no matter how small the touch is, they will feel a jolt of energy like static begging between their bodies. The Perytons heart will race, and the inner animal form will start preparing for the official mating.