Lessons

I woke the next morning anxious and worried for the day. I was nervous about tonight and nervous about everything going on with Peryton. He and I decided on training as soon as I got a chance and woke up. I groaned and rolled over looking at my phone. I was surprised by the couple of messages that were on the screen.

J: Good morning Beautiful! ❤️

J: I just wanted to check in to make sure you got home okay last night.

G: Awe! Good morning Handsome! 😋

G: I got home with no problems at all! What about you? You ran off into the forest like a man on a mission, is everything okay?

J: yeah everything's fine don't worry about it. It's just something that happens with my friends and I. Anyway, did you talk with your mom about coming to the bonfire?

G: I haven't had the chance yet, but knowing my mum, she will even come with me. So I will definitely be there! 😁

I smiled to myself and giggled placing my phone on my chest before rolling out of bed. I quickly got myself ready and gathered my still sleeping fox into my arms before rushing from the house, my hair still dripping with water from my shower. I made my way through the familiar thicket of trees to a familiar small clearing. I entered the hallowed magic tree and found the Peryton already there waiting for me. He looked up when I answered and nodded to me in greeting.

"Good morning" I said softly, before placing Vulpes on my bed and closing the door behind me so he wouldn't be disturbed. "What are we starting with?" I asked sitting on the floor in front of Peryton.

"We are working on your power over animals. We need to clear your mind first though" He said staring at me intently.

"How are we going to do that?" I asked

"Meditation. Come, sit over here" He said leading me to a grouping of pillows in front of a fireplace that wasn't there before.

"This wasn't here before" I said looking over to him in shock.

"This tree gives us our needs. Anything that we can think up, it will provide." He said, making me stare at him in shock.

"How does it work?" I asked, thinking up a carton of strawberries. A moment later the carton appeared on the ground next to me with a small bow on it. My jaw dropped and looked back up to Peryton who had an amused look in his eyes.

"Are you quite done yet?" he asked

"Yes, sorry" I said, snatching a strawberry before crossing my legs and getting into a position I associated with meditation. I heard his voice get softer as I closed my eyes feeling myself drift. It felt like I was surrounded by a watery cushion that enveloped my body. I suddenly felt a rush of energy as gasped for air throwing my head forward and into my hands. I let out a shaky breath and opened my eyes. I saw Peryton looking down at me proudly.

"What?" I asked

"You opened the doors to your power" He said, making my eyes widen.

"I did what?" I asked confused

"Did you feel the burst of energy rushing through you?" He asked

"Yes, but I thought you were doing it" I said

"I did no such thing. I can't use that energy anymore. You however, broke the dam put in place to block your powers by your father" He said making me frown.

"Why did he block my power in the first place?" I asked with narrowed eyes.

"He did it to protect you. The witch would have come after you had your powers not been blocked. He sacrificed himself in your stead" Peryton said softly looking me directly in the eye.