Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1

Start from the beginning

"(Y/N)?"

The soft, questioning hush of Ciel's voice slowly brought you from the daze that you were in. Blinking, the view before you clear, focusing on the tall figure of Malcom who remained standing before the three of you in an amused manner while he simply watched the breakdown you were going through. Having gotten a small grasp, your eyes slid over to the left where Ciel stood, worriedness heavy in his eyes and it was then you realized that you were shaking. Shuddering more like it. As if you had been cast into the freezing cold with nothing but short sleeve clothes and you were sure that both Ciel and Sebastian could see the panic in your eyes.

Pulling your gaze from Ciel and giving Sebastian a slight look, your eyes turned back to Malcom who simply watch. Bemusedly watch how his presence affected you in a sickened manner. Thousands of thoughts and questions raced through your mind at the moment, piecing everything together and filling in the gaps, but there was one question that you couldn't answer.

"But why?"

The hushed question was directed towards Malcom who chuckled once again and he took a stepped forward, the movement making you tremble ever the slightest and Sebastian quickly stepped in front of both Ciel and you, body tensed as if waiting for a fight to begin.

"Now my dear apprentice. I would say that's the best question you have asked this entire day."

His lowly chuckle, that familiar chuckle of his made you clench your hands tightly at your sides, hands curled into fist so tight that your nails painfully dug into your skin. The dread that clung to your heart intermingled with the slight hints of irritation at this. Both fear and detestation swirled their way around inside of you as you set your gaze on Malcom.

He himself never once pulled his gaze away from your own, ignoring both Ciel and Sebastian as if the two of them weren't there in the first place. It was clear that his only focus was you and there was no surprise to this. The history between the two of you was deep, one that had became darker and violent the more you learned about it yourself.

Fire continued to wage on in the background. London was still a sea of flames, the fiery orange glow could bee seen even from the distance the four of you were, but no one was thinking about the burning city or any of the people that still remained there. All focus was on the twisted magic-user that stood before everyone.

"Why you say? Why would I kill those precious, yet foolish parents of yours?" He began to walk in a short back and forth line stating these questions in a mocking tone, paying no attention to Ciel and Sebastian and for the first time you. "Now that you know who actually killed your parents I'm sure you're desperate for my answer. However." He cane to an abrupt stop, his black shoes coming together with a loud clank, the sound ranging across the unfinished bridge and he turned back to face your group. His eyes were dark and calculative while he smirked, the expression highlighting the coldness in his piercing blue eyes. "In afraid that you'll have to wait a little longer on getting your answer. I don't believe the time is exactly right."

"Tell me why you killed them!"

The loud and demanding shout was thrown at Malcom who seemed to be nothing but amused at the sudden outburst. Although fear ran rampant inside of you, rage had crept its way from the dark shadows, unfurling and growing with each moment Malcom spoke. You had let this bastard terrorize you for entire life even after the two of you had parted ways and it was sickening. Why had you allows for this to happen? Why did you allow him to get underneath your skin and frighten you so?

He shook his head, a mocking sad look crossing his face as he closed his eyes and raised his shoulder in a fallen shrug. "Getting agitated won't do you any good. I would have thought that by now you knew how to control your temper. You're about as bad as that wretched fallen angel."