His Butler, Up In Flames

Start from the beginning

"Someone kidnapped you?! Are you okay?" Ciel's eye went large at this, flickering from side to side as he looked at the floor trying to settle something in his head. "Why would someone kidnap you?" He stopped before quickly looking up at you in alarm. "Could it be that magic-user?"

With a grim look, you nodded finding it to be the only likely cause to what had happened. "It's okay I'm fine, but I have a bad feeling that I might just know who this person is?"

A shock expression was on Ciel's face and he was just about to ask something before the ship shook, but more violently this time.

"What's happening?" This was a vague question, not really directed towards Ciel as the two of you glanced around the cargo hold wondering what was happening on the deck. However, you pushed this to the back of your mind as you focused your attention back onto Ciel. "But what are you doing here? From what I get, Sebastian is no where around, but how exactly did you get here?"

Ciel averted his eyes, seeming to hesitate for a moment and his eye was wavering and clouded. "Sebastian abandoned me. When I woke up this morning, he was gone and I was left to to make my way to the port in order to catch the ship back to London."

His words stunned you into silence and you pulled your hands back from his shoulders falling into your thoughts. "This is the ship back to London?" But why would the magic user put you onto the ship heading back to London.

The ship shook again, this time causing you to worry about what was happening above. But then again, this was one of the last episodes of the first season and knowing what was to happen only made a nervous spell overtake you. "I think we should head to the dock," you suggested, figuring that it would be best to know exactly what was happening up on deck and to get out of the dark confinement of the cargo hold.

"I believe that would be the best. I've been down here in the cargo hold ever since I first got onto this ship," Ciel stated, agreeing with the idea to head to the top.

That uneasy feeling lingered inside as Ciel and you headed through the dark cargo hold, feeling around to avoid running into any cargo and miscellaneous containers that were strewed around the area. Several crew men passed by, however, none of them noticed the two stragglers who always hide behind the crates. Soon enough, the two of you managed to find the stairs that led up to the deck.

The first thing that you noticed was that it was dark. Dark as in that night had already fallen and the moon was a quarter's way into the sky which was devoid of any stars. "Damn. How long was I out for?" you muttered underneath your breath as both Ciel and you stepped onto the deck, the chilly wind of the ocean blowing by and causing you to shiver in place. But what really caught your attention was the sight of people crowding around the ship's edge, worried cries coming from each and everyone one of them as they gestured to the bright red and orange light that flickered in the distance.

Even from here, the fires that engulfed the entire city of London were visible, so large and ferocious that it almost felt as if the heat could be felt from here. The color drained from your face upon seeing this sight and immediately, Ciel rushed forward to gaze across the waters.

"What the hell is happening?"

Those soft words of disbelief were uttered from Ciel as he blankly stared at the burning city seeming to be at a lost. Some form of haunting realization crossed his face as he seemed to remember something, but before you had a chance to ask him, the cries of the passengers distracted you.

"What the hell is happening?' The deep voice of the man next to you asked the question that everyone on the ship was thinking. You would have ignored him if it wasn't for the familiarity of the voice and quickly, you glanced over to your left.