Chapter 10- The Rift

DREAM POV:

"Stream?" I asked.

George had pulled away soon after admitting he was scared of being alone. I remember feeling cold and a little empty without his warmth. 

I'm sure it was nothing.

I hadn't even noticed almost the entire front of my shirt was soaked. This was followed by a slightly awkward atmosphere and every time we started joking around again, one of our eyes would land on my shirt and the thick atmosphere would return.

I didn't understand how it worked. How can you be scared of being alone and have trouble socializing at the same time?

And more importantly, how had I never noticed any of these things until I met him in person?

Living like this must be like being claustrophobic and living in a cave.

Just the thought sent shivers down my spine.

"No...Don't feel like it right now. You can stream with Sapnap if you want though, I'm sure he's willing."

Knowing him for so many years now, I was able to tell he needed some alone time and was desperately trying to convey the message indirectly. I'd wanted to stream with him, and I felt a little butthurt about the fact that he wanted to be without me but I knew I was overreacting.

Besides, he deserved the world.

Wait, what?

I mean, he needed his alone time right then, and I was more than willing to give it to him. So I just smiled at him and nodded, heading to my room, already thinking of what I should stream about. Dream SMP? Just minigames? Trolls? 

Trying to distract myself from the piercing stare at my back.

Trying to distract myself from the fact that I'd just found out something about George he didn't want me to.

Trying to distract myself from the fact that he probably didn't even trust me anymore.

Trying to distract myself from the ever-increasing thick atmosphere.

Trying to distract myself from the crack I knew was forming between us, revealing the void.

I walked into my room and locked the door behind me before opening up discord. 

Time to get Sapnap in a call.

---

I didn't tell sapnap anything before the call.

I buried my problems in myself. 

Again.

Of course, he noticed. Right after I ended the speedrunning stream (F's in the chat. We'll miss the speedrun streams. Also, FUCK THE PPL WHO TOLD DREAM HE WAS CHEATING IN A LIVESTREAM.), Nick said-

"So, what happened?"

I made a noise of confusion.

"Don't make weird noises on me. What happened between you and Georgie?" It was nothing unusual, but hearing that nickname from Sapnap felt weird. Again, why was I worried about that?

"Nothing...?"

"Clay, I swear to god." 

"Nothing."

"Tell me."

"SoGeorgeIsAutophobicAndHeWasHavingABreakdownInAHauntedHouseAndIWalkedInAndHuggedHimAndNowTheresThisWeirdTensionAndIDontThinkHeTrustsMeAnymoreAndIDontKnowWhatToDo."

"Good. Now say it again, ten times slower."

----

Never tell him I said this, but I don't deserve Sapnap.

Once I told him exactly what happened in perfect detail, he said nothing. Simply turned on his camera and looked at me with the most 'b.r.u.h' look in existance.

He convinced me to get him a plane ticket to Florida.

And then proceeded to somehow calm me down and convince me that George just needed space and that he'd be fine. That our friendship wasn't affected.

I tried to believe him, I really did.

 That's why I didn't really mean it when I told him to shut the hell up and that he was wrong. And then hang up on him, not realizing that I'd just possibly ruined my friendship with two of my closest and oldest friends.

---------

So. hEY.

Reason for delay: AO3 is addictive AF. And its my official angst hub. Maybe why this chapter is so depressing IDK. Also my exams are going on-

but nobody cares about those soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

yeah. I don't know what to say ;-;

I really wanted to get a chapter out

Thanks For 2.5K POG

Who do ya'll think is the traitor?

wordcount:624 words