Chapter 4- Jetlag

Don't really know what to say so-

----

(direct continuation from last chapter)

GEORGE POV:

I stopped laughing to see Dream staring at me with a glazed-out look. Oh yeah, he'd probably want those pain meds. He'd looked like he was in a fair amount of pain earlier. 

"Wait," I said, "I'll get you your meds." 

He seemed to snap out of his daze at that. "Huh? oh, thanks, George!"

"On a scale of 1-10, how bad does it hurt?" I asked, frowning as I looked for my medicine. He definitely wasn't acting normal. Or maybe that's how he was in real life, I didn't know.

"Honestly?...Probably 7 or 8." 

"Pretty bad then, huh?" I said as I watched him gulp down the stuff.

He just hummed in response before leaving to explore the house. 

I was planning on making today a movie night for me before I got to know Clay was coming over, so I had all the movies sorted and ready to be watched.

 I guess I could still watch them if it didn't disturb him while he slept.

"Hey George?"

"Hmm?"

"What do you wanna do?"

"I want you to sleep."

"What will you do then?"

"Well, I was planning on a movie night but-"

"I'M IN!"

"DREAM! You need to sleep."

"Listen George, both of us know I won't be able to- for at least a few hours. Instead of wasting my time laying in bed and not falling asleep, can't you just let me do this?"

I stared at him blankly.

"Please?"

"Fine."

A huge grin broke out on his face. "YES, THANK YOU."

I just smiled slightly. "But you're making snacks."

"..."

"Fine, no guest privileges for me then."

"The fact that I let you stay is a guest privilege Dream."

"Mmhm, sure." He said as he headed to the kitchen.

He literally doesn't know where anything is. Should I help him now, or wait for him to ask?

I grinned mischievously.

I'll wait.

I started sorting through all the movies until I finally settled on The kissing booth. I could hear Clay rummaging through all the drawers as I put on the movie and skipped the credits. "CLAY!"

"Done, coming!"

The second he came back into view, I noticed three things.

He suddenly looks a lot prettier.

No homo. No homo. No homo. No homo at all.

Two, He looked extremely tired.

Three, He actually found the stuff himself.

"Wow, found everything yourself huh?" There was mild amusement in my voice.

"Yep." He was definitely tired. He sounded like he was going to drop to the ground right there, asleep. I guessed the meds had finally kicked in, curing his headache and making him realize how tired he was.

I knew that if the movie night plan went on, it was going to result in us falling asleep on the couch like those cheesy fanfics, but for whatever reason, I didn't care. 

I just wanted to watch a movie with my closest friend, and as long as he was comfortable, I didn't mind him falling asleep with me on the couch.

I felt the cushions move beside me to see Dream taking a seat.

"Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"They say as they jump off a cliff, right into the waterfall threatening to end their lives for the last time."

I heard a tired laugh beside me. "How's your head? Do you think I could beat you in a manhunt 1v1?"

He stared at me for a second, probably processing what I just told him and coming up with a cocky response.

"You could never beat me in a 1v1 George, and you know it." he leaned against the back of the couch already falling asleep.

I played the paused movie, but my eyes were on my friend.

"Dreeeeeeeam, you sure you're not sleepy?"

"Mhmm." said a sleepy dream.

"What movie are we watching Clay?"

"mmm...Jurrasic Park." I wheezed loudly. "wow Dream, looks like you're really listening."

"Mhmm." His head leaned over to the side of the couch, snoring softly. I don't think he'd looked at the screen for a second. If he woke up in that position, I'd bet my life he'd have a sore neck for a while.

I sighed before leaning over and wrapping an arm around his shoulders and pulling him to me till his head rested on my lap and I was gently running a hand through his hair. 

Dream hadn't moved a bit...He must've been really tired. Dream had helped me with more than just loneliness by coming over. 

I didn't remember how many times I'd fallen asleep working or on the couch because I needed something to distract me from the fact that I was alone. I didn't remember how many times I'd skipped meals or eaten too much because I was too distracted by fear. I was scared. Terrified.

I looked down at Dream tenderly, my hand still running through his soft, dirty-blonde locks. People can avoid their fears easily most of the time. Fear of spiders: Just don't live near them and avoid them. Fear of Darkness: Just turn on the lights.

Autophobia though...You can't do anything about the fact that you can't be alone. And having social anxiety and Autophobia at the same time...That sucks. 

I didn't even realize I'd stopped running my hand through his hair, my eyes drifting shut as sleep took over.

------

I'm so sorry, I know I told you guys I'd be soon...I just had to work on my other books as well. 

So sorry ;-;

Word Count: 916 Words