Part Twenty five.... There once was a Penelope. Once.

****CC’s POV******

Life really did go back to normal the tour went on like always. We called Chris as a group every third day because Chris was becoming annoyed that the girls called everyday. We all sat in the front part of the bus and put the phone between us all. Britainey and Cierra talked the most but sometimes we got words in. Chris had gotten accustomed to the idea of the girls on a bus with five guys. He learned to trust us. It had been three weeks since we had been in D.C. and we were just finishing off at Orlando, Florida. 

The girls were currently off at the beach with Andy, Ashley, and Jake and had been gone a few hours. Jinxx and I stayed back. I wanted to call my girlfriend Penelope without the girls finding out about her. They can be a little pushy. Jinxx and Sammi had found out and Sammi was helping me make it work. Jinxx was locked in the back lounge on the phone with his wife and I was in my bunk staring at the number that would connect me to the girl I like. I hit the call button and put the phone to my ear. On the third ring she answered.

“Hello?” she questioned lightly. I smiled and returned the greeting.

“Hello, Pen,” I heard her giggle and I melted. I may not look like a soft guy on the outside but this girl can really get to me.

“Christian, gosh I never thought you’d call,” she told me I rolled my eyes and sat up from my laying position.

“Well I called,” I responded. “We haven’t spoken in a few days and I wanted to know what you were up to?” I tried to play cool but she obviously saw right threw it.

“Uh, huh,” she mocked, “I’m not really doing much. They have me on more shifts recently and I really miss you,” her voice was so sweet and smooth that I took a minute to realize what she said.

“You miss me huh?” I mocked jokingly earning a stifled laugh. “Well it has been two months since I saw you last, I guess it’s no big surprise. How are the women at the hospital?” I asked. Penelope is a nurse at the L.A. Medical center.

“They are wonderful Lillian had her baby by the way, a little boy named Tristan,” that rough a smile to my face.

“I hope he’s adorable,” I told her she laughed again and I heard a beep go off in the background. “That your pager?” I asked monotone.

“Yeah they need me to come in,” I sighed and bid her goodbye, “I’m sorry Chris,”

“No it’s fine,” I responded, “It’s your job you can’t tell them no. have fun at work and call me when you can?”

“I will.” the line disconnected and she was gone. I dropped my phone to my side and threw a pillow over my face. She always had to go. We had began dating right before Warped started and every time was would talk work would call her away. She and I never had time anymore.

“Who was that?” A call came from not far from my bunk I tensed up and peered out my closed curtains. There stood Cierra having just changed into a pair of jeans and a tee from her Swimming trunks and Bikini top. She was running a towel threw her hair and looking at me. I shrugged dramatically and she rolled her eyes turning to grab her brush. I pulled my head in and sighed before just getting out. I was so tiered of trying to get this girl. She makes it so hard.

My phone beeped and I looked at it to see that Pen had sent me a text.

‘Hey Chris we need to talk when you get back next week,’ it read. I grunted. She wanted to break up, i just knew it. We had said that if it became too hard for either of us we’d break up. I knew we had reached her breaking point. I was about to loose her. That sucks.

“Yo, Coma!” Britainey called from the kitchenette. I walked down the hall of bunks and found Cierra and Andy on the couch watching something on her phone, Ashley texting someone, Jinxx watching TV and Jake with his arms around Britainey as she cooked. These freaking couples kill me.