Chapter 20: Peaceful life

"Come in, come in" Farlan says "Where are the other two?" Isabel asks, referring to the two Ackermans "Kitchen" Destiny says walking downstairs "By the way Farlan, sprinklers near the wood?" "Sorry, but you didn't get seriously hurt" he says "Des, a hand" Mikasa says.

Life continues at the currently boring pace, well boring for the ex-soldiers "Say, since this is an island" Isabel says "There's probably a lot we've never seen" "And the other three are sparring again aren't they?" Farlan asks "Yes, they are" she mumbles "I get that they miss being soldiers, but...", they hear someone hit the ground, so they go check "That's a first" Destiny says plopping down on the grass "We're fine by the way" "That's it!" Isabel yells "You three are going to find something, anything, to do as a way to pass the time!" she says "It's not that bad" Levi points out "What are your interests?" Farlan asks "Tea?" Levi asks "Scarves" Mikasa answers making the two look at Destiny who shrugs "Drawing I guess" she mumbles "You still didn't figure it out" Isabel says "Well excuse me for being trained to fight my entire life" Destiny counters as she stands up "Sorry" Isabel says, but the white haired girl mumbles something under her breath "Sorry what was that?" Farlan asks "Animals" Destiny mumbles "Pet shop?" Mikasa asks looking at Levi who shrugs "Pet shop it is" Mikasa says "But where will we get the animals?" Farlan asks "The walls have strays, I could catch some" Destiny says.

Destiny catches a ride to the wall with Sasha and Connie, seeing as they have two carts, one completely closed off and one open. "Okay" Farlan says walking over with a sketchbook "She really doesn't make it easy" "If she realizes you went through that-" "Yes Mika, she will kill me" he says "How come you two decided so quickly though?" "You and Isabel were thinking exactly the same" Levi comments dryly "True" Isabel says "Lets get to it".

Destiny returns about a week later and she looks surprised "What..." she trails off "You okay?" Historia asks "Ah yes, just a bit surprised" "By- oh wow" "You're back!" Isabel says hugging Destiny tightly "And Levi found out your birth name" "He did what?!" Destiny runs off and she tackles Levi "What'd you do that for?" he asks "How did you find out?" she asks "Oh that, well one of the books was for you, but your name wasn't in it, so I figured that the name that there was, aside from your mother's, had to be yours, Victoria Reiss" "Reiss?" Historia asks "But father-" "Who knows?" Destiny asks, this makes Levi think "I guess just us two now" "My grandmother was a Reiss, so my father was one, however my grandfathers abilities were passed down to me, so yes, I'm your cousin, distant cousin". Levi chuckles "Does Erwin know?" "No, if he had he wouldn't have given the order to quite frankly sacrifice me" Destiny says "You should tell the other three though" Levi tells her.

Mikasa takes the news good, Farlan hugs her because she told him, but Isabel is angry "You could have gotten us out!" she yells "I have no papers to prove it, they wouldn't have believed me" Destiny says, not moving away when Isabel punches her "Deserved that. Are you done throwing a tantrum?" "I am not throwing a tantrum!" Isabel says "Yes you are" Mikasa says "Am not!" Isabel yells "What are you going to do now?" Mikasa asks earning a grin "Stay with you guys of course, royalty or not you're still my friends" she says.

Isabel locks herself in her room for a week, only coming out when she's sure Destiny isn't there "This is getting old" Levi says on day nine, he's drinking tea on the couch while Destiny is curled up against him, a blanket covering her to protect her from the cold and Isabel sees Levi flinch slightly when thunder is heard outside and he sighs "You can understand why she hasn't told anyone" "Yes, but she could have gotten us out" "No" Levi comments "She didn't have the papers and those books would have gotten her captured and/or killed if she had them". Destiny moves slightly as Levi puts his tea down "Talk to her tomorrow" he says before he heads upstairs with his friend.

Isabel waits four more days and she's surprised her apology is waved off "It explains a lot though" Farlan says while cooking "She taught us a lot of things" he adds "Like how to cook properly" Levi deadpans making Mikasa smile "Do you guys think that if things had been different, we never would have lost our families?" she asks making everyone quiet "I still would have lost mine" Destiny mumbles, but Levi shrugs "Who knows how things would be, maybe you'd actually be royalty" "No thanks" she says. 

The shop, when fully finished, is surprisingly popular "Hanji, what do you need a dog for?" Levi asks not having to look at who just barged in "A companion" the ex-scientist says "So, pets" she mumbles "Yeah, Des wanted to open a pet shop" Mikasa says "I feel like Hanji would prefer a parrot" she adds "Don't have those" Destiny comments and Hanji is speechless when she sees her. Destiny, with Levi's insistence had styled her hair, while Isabel forced her in one of the dresses she has around "You look stunning" Hanji says "You're not the first to say that" Destiny mumbles.

Of course their streak of living peacefully without accidents is broken, by a wolf attack, Isabel, Farlan and Destiny had gone hunting, since Levi ended up with a cold and Farlan bursts into the living room carrying Destiny "Wolf, left side of the-" he can't continue talking when his legs finally give out, but Mikasa catches him. "Where's Isabel?" Levi asks taking Destiny from Mikasa "Getting Hanji" is the muffled reply. "My leg..." "It'll be fine" he whispers. When Hanji arrives with Isabel it's with good news "Wolf is taken care of" Mikasa says "We managed to relocate it" she explains "Chibi must really like this kind of life" Hanji says "Anyway they should be fine, but you Isabel, shouldn't have been running with those injuries" "I had no other choice" Isabel says "Well I'm glad everything is working out for you guys" Hanji says "I wish I could say the same for Erwin, but I can't, his own fault" "How's he holding up?" Levi asks running his hand through Destiny's hair slowly "Horrible" the ex-scientist says "And considering he nearly killed me when I saw him the last time he can stay there".