Chapter Thirty-Four |Just you and me|

|AVA'S POV|
_________________________

Trying to go on through the night is pain in the ass. It seems as just the moon is taking its time hanging out there, to where it seems like decades.

I was in my room looking through the large window, the dark night grasping its surroundings ,leaving it with just the small lights at our neighbors porch.

Waiting for the sun to rise was always a relief. Everyone is awake, people are going to work and doing there day to day chores. And most important, that I'm not alone.

I hated being alone.

It killed me.

It always drowned me into so many unwanted thoughts and theories and just really messed up things.

Maybe if I had sibling or a cousin or just any related family member, I wouldn't be alone. I wouldn't be called a loner with no family.
I wouldn't just be like I was leaf picked out of a tree.

Feeling sorry for my pathetic life a tear ran down my cheek, I quickly wiped it away with the back of my hand. I finally stood and wanted to get a glass of water for my dry throat.

I opened the door of my room about to go down the stairs, all the light were off, cursing myself for not finding the switches. I gave up and started fight with the air to find the stairwell. What felt like hours, I finally reached the end of the stairs safely, until suddenly I was pulled harshly against a wall, musclier hands holding into my waist pulling me into their chest.

I recognized his scent immediately.

"Asher?" I whispered in disbelief , closing my eyes. Wanting to savor this moment as much as I can. Because I know he'll just return to his own grumpy self and not acknowledge me.

He pulled back a little, his hands go over my cheeks. I could barely see his face in the dark.

"Yes." He whispered back, his strong breath fanning my neck.

"I couldn't wait until we were alone." He said, his voice holding hurt and misery. His hands were trembling, at this moment I wish if I could see his face.

I wanted to see if he was saying the truth.

Or was he lying?

Is he playing with me again?

"Am I an entertainment to you?"  I cried, my heart was beating out of my chest by now.

"What?" He hissed in disbelief, pulling his hands away from me.

"You love seeing me burn, you love seeing me cry and breakdown!" I yelled angrily.

"You just love playing with emotions, don't you?" I scoffed.

"Thinking a few cute words will make me forgive you and forget everything you've done and said." I grunted disappointedly.

"Ava, it's not that. I swear to you-" he tried to continue but I stopped him.

"Just leave it for tomorrow morning, I'm tired and want to sleep." I lied. I went back up the stairs and into my room; you know to "sleep" scoffing to my own stupid lies. But I really didn't want to talk to him.