Chapter Twenty-Four |Fire|

"What have you done to me?"
_______________________
|AVA'S POV|

"Did you hear anything about the boys?" Asked Maryam.

We were currently laying down on her bed as we watched a movie.

"No." I mumbled.

"What time is it?"

"Around ten." I answered, as I held my phone to check if there were any messages from the boys. The last time I talked to one of them was yesterday morning and it was with Asher.

Hearing his voice made me on the edge, I was biting my nails the whole day. I texted, called but there was no answers.

"They're probably busy, right?" Maryam nervously asked.

"Yeah maybe." I whispered, tapping my foot anxiously against the titled floor.

"Do you think they are alright?"

"I have no idea Maryam!" I almost yelled out of frustration and anger.

She was asking way to many questions and my mind right now is ready to explode.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really worried." Maryam pouts.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you. I'm just stressed." I genuinely apologized, leaning in, to hold her hand. I didn't mean to yell at her, it was just a reflex from all the stress.

"It's alright." She smiled sadly. Suddenly Maryam's phone lit up. Making our eyes widen as she trembled to hold her phone. Answering the call as she puts it on speaker.

"Hello?" The same groggy voice I knew—

—Rio, thank god. I let out a breath of relief.

"Rio, baby. Are you alright?" Maryam frenetically said.

"Yes, Maryam I am. And Tyler— But Asher." He went silent. I knew it was bad news. I couldn't breath, my heart was beating was to quick that it was painful.

"What's wrong with Asher?" My voice was low,but dangerous.

"Ava-"

"No,Tell me Rio! Right now." I yelled, clenching the phone tight in my palm.

"We can't find him, he-he was upstairs looking for his father —not with us, the house began to burn into flames. We barely got out, but we couldn't find Asher anywhere. We're not sure if he caused the fire or not. But I couldn't communicate with him-"

I stared blankly at the phone. My heart shattering painfully. "You're joking right? Please tell me it's a joke." I whispered.

"I wish I was." He whispered, his own voice cracking.

"Rio." I cried.

"You're breaking my heart. Please calm down princessa."

"Please Rio. Find him. Don't come back without him. I beg you."

"Ok Ava." His voice was soft and soothing.

"I talked to him just yesterday, he can't just vanish." I cried.