Chapter Thirty-One |Love can be so cruel|

"Bad things always happen for a reason. But somehow this reason was so unclear."
_______________________________
| AVA'S POV |

I walked to Ashers bedroom door, he hasn't been out of there in weeks. Nor does he want to see anyone.

Hesitating if I should knock on his door or not. I had to see him. I wanted to see him. Every muscle in me was twitching to see him and hug him and hold his hand. See if he was alright. I just needed his reassurance.

Biting my lips nervously and playing with my fingers hoping my anxiety will loosen up a bit.With shaky hands I finally got the courage to knock. I swallow hard , finding it hard to breath.

"Asher, i-it's me A-Ava." My voice giving up on me as it turned out pitched. I cringed at my own voice.

I waited a couple minutes, no answer. I knocked again, having a bad feeling.

A frown was placed on my lips when he didn't respond. I placed my ear to the door just to try to hear anything, any movements. But nothing. I couldn't hear anything, it was like no one was in the room.

Sighing, I sat down, leaning my back towards the door. As a single tear fell out of my eyes. Craving to cry even more, to let out everything that was bottled in.

Breath in .
Breath out .
Breath in .
Breath out.

Then I desperately whispered. "Come on baby, please open this door. You're killing me." I couldn't handle it no more as tears began to pour down my cheeks.

A couple minutes later the door cracked open. My head immediately flew towards it. I whipped my cheeks quickly standing up.

He left the door open for me. But there was no sign of him standing by the door. I patted my hair down, lifting my shoulder lightly, breathing out the air I didn't know I was holding.

I went inside. Looking around the room.

It was a mess.

Pure disaster.

The lamp was off the ceiling, hanging mid air. The bed mattress was flipped. The night stands were no longer night stands, they were small pieces of wood scattered everywhere. And bottles of empty alcohol on the ground.

I gulped hard, looking around the room for Asher. Then I noticed his bare back and his arm that was leaning on the rail of the balcony looking towards the city's view. A cigarette in his mouth as he blew out smoke.

His straight and numb face reminded me of the day we meet.

Which was unappealing.

Honestly, I was scared to come near him. And by the looks of it. He didn't want me here.

"Asher?" I whispered, stepping in the balcony. Trying to avoid all the broken glass that was scattered all over the floor.

"Be careful." He said, still not looking my way. I nodded, knowing that he probably didn't see me.

"Why?" He asked, turning to my direction. His face expressions holding hate.