Chapter Six |Scared|

"I feel hopeless, depressed, but most of all. I'm scared." ~Ava
_________________________
|AVA'S POV|

Asher has been outside for the past forty five minutes.

I went to check up on him, hoping he didn't get hypothermia. Since it's literally below zero degrees outside.

I opened the door, greeting a rush of cold wind. "Asher." I called. He seemed to not hear me from all the wind and trees that were howling.

I called again, no answer. He was leaning on a tree. About a couple of meters away from the cabin. The wind was getting stronger and stronger, pulling me back.

I held my jacket tighter, as I walked outside towards him. I walked a bit faster when I noticed that the tree he was leaning on was slanted. I called his name again, but he was ignoring me.

The nerve of this dude.

I ran when the tree snapped in two, and pushed him away from the tree, for it to only land hard on my stomach. "Holy-" I groaned, closing my eyes in pain. It was so much pressure against my stomach that I wanted to hurl.

"Why did you do that!?" Asher yelled, crawling towards me.

"Because it was about to fall on you!" I yelled. Trying to push the tree trunk off my body.

Asher immediately rolled the tree trunk away from my body as I winced, holding onto my stomach.

He's eyes roam my body then sighs rubbing his face. "Don't ever fucking do that again!" He yelled, then griped my arm harshly, tugging me back to the cabin.

"Stop! You're hurting me." I try to remove his hand but he only applies more pressure on it, his nail digging into my skin.

He yanked me towards him. "Never, ever do that again." He hissed, glaring at me with his dark eyes.

I freakin helped him for heavens sake.

The more I walked the more I felt the splinters poking my stomach, and my arms hurt so for sure they're scarped.

"A simple 'thank you' would be fine." I mumbled.

"Think again." He growls, we both stepped in the cabin closing the door behind us. It was warm so I toke off my jacket and shoes and jumped on the bed feeling exhausted.

"Show me your stomach." He harshly says, sitting next to me on the bed.

"What, why?" I questioned.

"Just do what I asked." He said impatiently, his eyebrows scrunching in.

I hesitatingly lifted up my hoodie so that my stomach was showing. I looked down to see wood splinters popping out of my skin with red marks around them.

I laid back down as I watched Asher carefully. His hands slowly went to my stomach as I flinched because his hand were freezing.

"Your hands are freezing." I hissed, but he ignored me and put his hands back on my stomach as I felt him pinch my skin. I then closed my eyes in pain, it was like needles poking me repeatedly.