Truly, Madly, Deeply

"So let me get this straight," I spoke up after Tony completed his story. "You got Pepper to cancel her meetings for this date, even after knowing she's the CEO of, what is a multinational and filthy rich, company."

He nodded.

"And on said date, you fell asleep."

"I dozed off."

I ignored him. "And when Pepper inquired about your health, you basically dissed her."

"Correction, I did not 'diss' her. I just joked about it like I always do."

"You told her that she shouldn't worry about you even though you literally passed out infront of her. That's practically saying she's a fool to care for you!"

"I didn't mean it that way!" Tony burst out. "How was I supposed to know that she'd take it in that context?"

I rolled my eyes at his argument. "Dude. You need some serious help."

"I said sorry! You heard it too."

I only shook my head at his feeble attempt to justify his actions.

"A simple statement is not gonna work. You have to think of something else if you wanna win Pepper back."

"Okaaayyy..." He drawled, nodding to himself. "Maybe I can order some flowers and an apology card an-"

"Nah, not enough."

"Uh, then I'll buy her a new, expensive dress-"

"Uh-huh, ain't gonna work."

"Okay, um, I'll cook somethi-"

"She'll get food poisoning." I cut him off again.

Tony threw his hands up in frustration. "Then what the hell am I even supposed to do?!"

"Seriously, Tinny. Can't you try and think out of the box?"

"Yeah? Like what?"

I gave him an unimpressed look. "And you call yourself a genius?"

Tony frowned but didn't say anything else and we lapsed into silence again, me eating my remaining food and him, brainstorming.

I glanced up when I felt a gaze on me and I saw the billionaire staring at me with a hopeful expression.

"A little help, please?" He pleaded.

Rolling my eyes, I sighed in resignation.
"Guys..."

.

When night arrived, I was beside myself with worry and anxiety, crouching behind a sofa. Tony's state seemed no less different than mine as he stood above me, constantly fiddling with a random gadget.

"Dude, where is she?" I asked for what felt like the tenth time in the last thirty minutes and he turned to face me.

"Seriously Aylin, calm down. You're even more nervous than I am for God sakes!"

"I can't help it! What if it doesn't work out and it all goes to hell?"

"Jeez, thanks for the confidence boost. I feel so much better now." Tony's voice dripped with sarcasm.

"Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes. "I'm just stating your inner thoughts out loud."

"No one asked you to."

I shrugged. "Yeah well...you wouldn't admit it."

"Are you trying to stress me out?"

"No, I just want you to accept what you're feeling and know that it's normal and just take a deep breath and work through it."