Chapter 110 - How Much? (2)

Zacznij od początku

“I've had a lot on my plate, so I've been busy.”

“I'm sure your hands were full.  Did you perhaps learn of any important information?”

Hyrkan was a bit worried at the question.

‘Is he fishing for something or is this just a straightforward question?  Is he testing the water with me?’

Ahimbree knew Hyrkan was carrying out activities as a member of the Secret Society.  This question was probably  intended to ask about his activities related to the Secret Society.  Moreover, Hyrkan had gained an important information recently.  He had sufficient information where he could cast suspicion on Prince Dean.

If he continued this conversation with Ahimbree by telling him about the Trigon Emblem, it might be a key to opening a hidden quest.

On the other hand, he remembered the Maeung's warning.  Maeung told him to tell this information to no one.

After coming to a surprisingly difficult decision, he decided to keep his mouth shut.

“I'm still investigating.  Unfortunately, I'm lacking in ability, so it is unfortunate that I can't be of bigger help.”

“I heard about your accomplishments from Bagel. I also hear a lot of praise about you.  If we have 100 men like you, we could clear the lands across the Terube Castle walls.  We’ll be able to immediately occupy the lands.  He wants to introduce you to Prince Dean as soon as possible.”

Bagel.

As the administrator of the Terube Castle wall, it seemed the NPC had taken a liking to Hyrkan. As someone who serves under Prince Dean as his lord, this was the highest compliment that could be given to Hyrkan.

Of course, he knew Prince Dean's real identity, so Hyrkan could only put on an awkward smile.

“Thank you.”

Hyrkan calmly ended this particular thread of conversation with a single phrase.

“So why did you come looking for me?”

Ahimbree started the conversation in earnest.  Hyrkan didn't hide anything.  He spoke immediately.

“I'm unable to carry out the Secret Society's missions with my current level of ability. As you have done for me before, please provide me an opportunity and a stage.”

Ahimbree stared at Hyrkan when it heard his words. It was an NPC, but the light in its eyes was really strange.  It really felt as if an incredible sage was seeing into Hyrkan's heart.  It almost made him believe that it wasn't an NPC.

However, Hyrkan didn't turn away from the gaze. The saving of one's face and sense of shame...  Those words weren't in Hyrkan's dictionary. 

Its gaze gave him goosebumps.

Ahimbree stared into Hyrkan's eyes as it spoke.

“You are already plenty strong.  I cannot do anything for you. Moreover, don't you already know about the methods to become stronger?”

Its words were dressed up adequately, but in the end, it meant it couldn't provide a stage like the Battlefield from before.  It basically meant Hyrkan couldn't suck out any honey here from Ahimbree.

“I want to learn a new magic.”

Hyrkan immediately gave a straightforward comment. Even if Ahimbree had sent him to a stage like the Battlefield, Hyrkan wouldn't have gone.

“Magic isn't something that is easily earned.” 

“If I wanted to take the easy road, I wouldn't have come here. Please you can give me any trials and tribulations!”