Destiny Calls, It's Best to Ignore It

"Oh my! How did this picture get on here?" Impa gasped. She handed the Sheikah Slate back to Mipha. The Zora shrugged.

"I still don't get it." Zander piped up as Daruk set him in a chair.

"We'll explain dear." Urbosa responded, placing Liz in the chair next to his.

"I- I could've walked..." Liz mumbled. She was ignored, not that she minded. Impa cleared her throat to catch the children's attention.

"This picture shows the final moments of Calamity Ganon's defeat. The people.... Are your parents; Queen Zelda, and the late Hero of Time, Master Link." The twins gasped. The champions had told them many stories about the queen and the knight.

"Our parents were Hyrule's greatest heroes!?" Zander whispered.

"That explains a lot..." Liz said, stroking her chin in thought. She suddenly jumped. "Wait! That must mean the sword in my chest is..."

"Indeed it is; The Master Sword!" Revali piped in. Liz's eyes sparkled.

"Woah..."

"Yes children, your parents are legendary. One day, you will follow in their footsteps."

"Wait, what?" Zander shared a look with his sister. Impa continued.

"I can sense a great evil beginning to stir in the castle. By the time you are old enough to see the world, it will be at full force and ready to destroy the kingdom. It will be up to you two to save the kingdom." Impa turned to Zander. "Dear Zander, do you know what power you possess? You have Hylia's blood surging through your veins. You hold the power to seal darkness away, just like your mother's."

"But what if I don't want it?" Zander blurted out. He was very much a pacifist, even preferring his flowers to people. All this talk of having to save the kingdom sounded like too much for him to handle. Mipha, Liz, and Daruk could tell he was scared. The latter moved first.

"Easy there, Tiny." Daruk cooed, lifting Zander so he could nestle in the crook of his arm. Daruk may have been a walking boulder, but his hugs were oddly comfy nonetheless. "Relax a little. All that's years from now. You'll get a little bit of training with Mipha each day; nothing too stressful. I know it sounds like a lot, but we're going to take it slowly and take it on together, ok?"

"Ok." Zander sighed in relief, closing his eyes. "Thanks Papy."

"Anytime, buddy." Liz climbed up Daruk's arm to pat Zander's head. Impa coughed to draw Liz's attention. The girl nodded, finally looking away from her brother. She hopped off her uncle and sat back down.

"Now Elizabeth," Liz cringed as Impa said her full name. "You are in possession of the Master Sword. You shall act as Zander's protector. You shall use the blade to weaken the enemy so they can be sealed. Though it may seem as though your power will be lesser, you will also hold each of the champions' gifts to an extent."

"So that means we just switch from your training sword on a dummy to the master sword on some Bokoblins; and teaching you to master our gifts will be easier than slicing a blade through water." Urbosa assured. Liz didn't seem too fazed.

"Just as long as I have time for music, I'm happy."

"You will dear, you will." Urbosa gently caressed Liz's hair. The rest of the afternoon blew by as Impa and the champions told the children all about their parents.

______________________________

Meanwhile at the castle...

Garnet sat at the library window, watching intensely as the Footsoliders trained under her father. Step-father, she reminded herself. She really had no intention of getting any closer to him than she already was. To her, something felt off about him... something unsettling.

"Watching the guards again, love?" Zelda asked, joining her daughter. Garnet shrugged.

"Mother, why doesn't father belong?"

"What?"

"Why doesn't he belong? Why isn't he like us? Why's he got that weird magic?" Zelda chuckled softly.

"Oh darling. That's just how he is. He's Yiga, they all have the ability to use teleportation, as well as other attacks." She explained. Garnet hummed.

"I don't like that. Can't he just be a normal man? Why's he got to have all that gross magic? I hate it!" The girl thought to herself. She glared out the window at Kohga. He was balancing on a pole, seemingly in meditation. "Fall! Fall and break every bone in your body..."

"What was that, honey?" Garnet winced as she realized she spoke that aloud.

"... That pole is tall, father has great balance." She muttered. Zelda sighed, knowing exactly what the child had hissed. She may not have loved Kohga, but he had become a good friend in time. She couldn't fathom why Garnet wanted him hurt... But she'd learn soon enough.