The Meeting

The champions hesitated at the door for a moment. They could hear voices on the other side.

"Are you sure you have worked out the kinks in this rune?" One woman said. Another woman scoffed.

"Of course! I mean, look at me! I'm back to being thirty and have been for a month! It will work on Impa for sure. She said she needed to be around for something important, and this is the only way!" Mipha's eyes seemed to flash with recognition.

"Purah?" She whispered. The others nodded. They remembered her voice too.

"Alright, I suppose. Do what you must, Aunt Purah. I'm going out for a walk." Everyone stepped down, expecting the door to swing out. When it did, they were met with a woman in her early twenties. She gasped, stumbled back, and then scowled. "Who are you!? I thought I told the guards not to let anyone in!"

"Our apologies for coming by unannounced, but we have serious business with Impa regarding the royal family." Urbosa spoke up first.

"What proof do you have?" The woman, who the champions assumed was Paya, demanded. Once again, Mipha lifted the Shiekah slate. Paya went pale. She looked like she was going to faint. Then, after seeing the Master Sword and Hylian Shield in Urbosa's possession, she did faint. The sword pulsed blue once again. Liz reached out this time to touch it. She couldn't reach it. Revali noticed and stepped away from Urbosa.

"Da! Goo! Da!" Liz squeaked in protest. "Wait! I want touch light! Dada please no! Let touch light! Please!"

"Why's that got you so excited?" Revali carefully shifted Liz away from the sword. She whined. "I know it's pretty, but it's not a toy. No touching."

"Abaf! Goo! Abo!" "No play! Just touch! I sense! Let touch light!" The baby continued to reach for the sword until Urbosa put it away. Meanwhile, Paya came to her senses.

"Alright, I believe you. Just, answer me this; did he give you those objects as just proof, or is he...?"

"He left these to his children. We're going to explain everything just as soon as we can speak with Impa." Daruk piped up. Paya nodded. She beckoned the champions inside. A black curtain separated the back half of the room from the front. They could see a bright flash under the curtain.

"There! That did it! You're young again, Impa!" The champions could tell that the speaker was Purah for sure. Impa laughed. She, too, sounded just like she had before they left.

"Thank you, sister. It feels good to be like this again."

"It will feel even better in a day or two once you get used to it. For now, stay in bed."

"Alright. Can you please remove this curtain now? It blocks out the natural light." In a moment, the curtain was pulled down. Impa gasped at the sight of her guests. Purah joined Paya at the back of the room. "Oh my! The vision was true! You live again! Welcome, my friends; I've been expecting you."

"It's wonderful to see you again, Impa. You look well." Said Mipha.

"Yes, and while we could spend all day on formalities and catching up, we have something serious to discuss." Revali quipped. Urbosa shot him a glare. Impa just laughed.

"Indeed we do. The vision warned that you would have a dire matter at hand. Please, if you would elaborate?" The champions nodded and began to recount their tale. Impa and the other two women listened carefully, nodding every so often. Impa stopped them when they mentioned the Yiga clansmen at the stable. "You are being hunted by the Yiga?"

"Well, I don't know if they're looking for us specifically. However, they were looking for twin infants and had sketches that looked like our twins. We couldn't be too careful." Clarified Daruk. "I doubt they'd be dumb enough to come here."

"Hmm, still... Tell you what; Lady Urbosa, Master Revali, when you travel to Hateno Village, I will have some guards follow you. That way, you'll have some backup should a need arise. After all, when it comes to support, it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

"Yes. Thank you Impa. You're very gracious." Said Urbosa, smiling.

"You're welcome. Now, let me see these two beautiful children." Revali and Daruk knelt and held out the two babies. The twins looked from the new face to each other and back to their caretakers. Liz tentatively reached out to bat at Impa's nose. Contact! Impa flinched.

"Liz! No darling, don't hit." Revali corrected gently. Liz didn't seem to care. She was already turned and babbling with her brother.

(Baby talk translation:
"Who's this?" Zander squeaked.

"Dunno. I smack." Liz replied.

"Why?"

"Dunno."

"Not nice."

"I know." Liz turned to babble at Impa. "I sorry. No mean hurt. Just wonder."
End translation)

"My apologies Impa." Revali said. Liz began to nibble his wing. He elected to ignore her for a moment. "Anyhow, this is Elizabeth Zelda Hyrule. She is foretold by Hylia to follow in her father's footsteps and wield the legendary Master Sword."

"Hmm. And the boy?"

"This is Zander Farore Hyrule, firstborn of the two twins and the would-be heir to the throne of Hyrule. He was foretold by Hylia to possess his mother's sealing power." Daruk said proudly. Zander proudly squeaked again before letting out a hearty little coo. He didn't fuss when Impa reached out to take him. He noted that she wasn't very cuddly. He didn't mind; he was being held.

"Interesting. This is the first time a male has been gifted the sealing magic. It is also the first time a female heroine will take up the sword that seals the darkness; but Hylia has foretold these things, so let them be done." Impa handed Zander to Daruk. "Very well. Follow me, I'll show you to your new home."

"Wonderful! Thank you, Impa." Daruk said. Impa just smiled and nodded. She led the champions out of her house and into town. Paya followed close behind. Nobody noticed Purah's neutral expression slowly shift to a devious smirk. She waited for everyone to leave before sprinting upstairs to her guestroom to make plans.