7: Leaving Sin City

Dearest Readers,

Thank you all for dealing with my horrible updating skills. I swear I'm working on my stories and trying to be better, I just had a major writer's block and that helps no one in any circumstance.

Let me know if there's any other work of mine that you want to see updated soon, and I will make sure I focus on what you all want to see! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

By the time the Winchesters made their way out of the basement, Bobby and Persie were administering general first aid to the two victims the demons had been inhabiting.

"Is someone going to tell me what the hell happened down there?" Dean demanded, looking pointedly between Bobby and the two demigods. "How did you- where did you-"

The woman, Casey, woke up to the hunter's exclamations and started to cry.

Persie reached down and pulled the young woman in for a hug, glaring at Dean menacingly. "Will you shut up?"

The Father was looking between the five people who he had never actually seen before except through what could have been a dream. Casey, the local girl who he had known all her life was in the arms of another woman and sobbing in agony.

Needless to say, he was confused.

But he wasn't the only one.

"We can't tell you too much here in front of the mortals," Nico told the Winchesters, gesturing to the two previously inhabited by demons. "And I think Persie said something about owing me a Happy Meal so I am definitely holding her to that."

Bobby glared at the kid. "Maybe you could avoid talking about demons at all in front of the girl, boy. She's pretty shaken up."

All the eyes turned to look at Casey who was still huddled into Persie's side.

"You're not the only one to ever go through something like that," Sam told her, kneeling down in an effort to seem less intimidating.

From her flinch, he could tell that he failed.

"Did I... did I really do all of that?" The Father's voice rasped, looking to the oldest one there for answers.

Bobby nodded solemnly. "Something unhuman took you over and made your body do things, yeah. But you? You were trapped and couldn't do a damn thing."

Persie patted Casey's hand, nodding in agreement with her uncle. "It's the same thing for you, too. You couldn't have done anything about it. You're free now, and you're safe. You're going to be fine."

Her eyes met the ones of the oldest Winchester over Casey's head as she burrowed her face into her shoulder. They both knew that they were never going to be okay again.

They were just going to have to figure out how to live with it.

.

.

.

.

.

Later on, they had found Richie's body in Casey's parent's basement and Dean saw to it that the man had a proper burial and contacted the next of his kin to inform them of his passing.

Persie sat on the foot of the bed next to Nico as Dean made the phonecall to Richie's actual sister, who she later learned to be named Rachel. Sam was standing at his brother's side, hand on his shoulder in support.