9: Bedtime Stories

Dearest Readers,

Thank you so much for reading this story! I promised more updates, and they will be continuing to come (as well as other stories of mine as well). So go ahead and give me a follow to stay tuned with all the new updates! Tata for now!

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

Somehow, Dean had gotten his hands on the drawing that Persie had completed based on Kyle's basic description. "Uh, well... I had no idea that you were such a little artist," he claimed, having gotten over the fact that she had Sammy withholding secrets from him.

Persie grinned over at the older Winchester brother. "Last I checked, there's nothing about me that's little, hotshot."

Sam let out a chuckle. "No ass and nickel?"

She gapped. "Sammy Winchester, I thought you liked my ass."

Dean choked. "What-"

Persie rolled her eyes. "Whatever, so Dean, what did the doc have to say about Kyle and his brothers? Anything good?"

Dean arched a brow. "Certainly nothing like hearing my brother has a thing for your ass-"

Sam pursed his lips into a low pout.

"But he didn't say much. They were DOA on the scene, but he did give me a lowdown on the coroner's report."

"Let me guess, their hearts were missing?" Sam interjected.

"Why would their hearts be missing?" Persie asked before Dean could open his mouth to answer.

"Well-"

"Actually, their hearts weren't missing," Dean cut them off, before whirling on Persie to cut his brother off from the younger woman. "But chunks of their liver, kidneys, intestines..."

"Gross," Sam commented.

Persie stopped and crossed her arms at the brothers, who quickly slowed down to a stop and turned to look at her.

"What?" Dean asked the first one to bite at her little trap.

"What about hearts? You never answered me, Sam, and if I am going to help the two of you-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Dean stopped her, holding up his hands in surrender. "Slow your roll, Kelpie. We'll explain more later, but werewolves would normally eat the hearts of their victims."

Persie nodded along. "And because Kyle's brothers' hearts weren't torn to pieces like the rest of them-"

"Tells us that these aren't werewolves we're dealing with," Dean finished. He tilted his head and smiled slightly at the raven-haired demigoddess, who happened to look mighty fine in her pantsuit. "We good now?"

She shrugged, but couldn't hide the growing smile taking over her face. "Sure, I guess."

"Good, let's go then."

They continued their walk down the pathway to get to the Impala. "So, what are we dealing with, then?" Sam shook his head. "Demon? An attacker could've been possessed."

Dean immediately shook his head. "Why would a demon stop halfway through an attack?"

Persie let out a sigh. "Anything I've dealt with wouldn't let Kyle get away. No survivors, no witnesses," she deadpanned, her eyes clouding over as she became stuck in a memory.

Sam and Dean shared a look just as they reached the car before Dean reached over to place a hand on her shoulder, shaking her from wherever or whatever she had been lost in. "Are we good?"