(13) He makes me happy ☆

- Miles Adair -
Monday

Every time he touches me, I feel that feeling of electricity rushing through my spine. Every time he smiles at me my heart flutters. I know I didn't meet him that long ago— but he seems like the type of guy everyone falls in love with.

I know that this isn't feelings friends have for each other. I am developing feelings for him. It's too early to say this but I can't deny it. Everything about him begs me to give him a shot but it's too hard. After what happened, I've been hurt and betrayed and I don't want to feel that ever again. Then then again I look at him. The way he is so gentle with me. The way a smile makes its way to his face every time our eyes meet. The way his facial features are perfect and look like they have been carved by the gods themselves.

I hate hugs. I hate physical contact. I hate eye contact. I hate when someone gets in my personal space. No matter who it is but with him it's weirdly different and I don't understand why.

"Miles?"
Alec asked waving his hand in front of my face to catch my attention, Interrupting my train of thoughts.

"Huh?"
I looked at him, confused for a second.

He chuckled and my lips tilted a little upwards at such a sound. A somewhat deep perfect chuckle. I need to stop this. It's not the right time to catch feelings.

"You get lost in your thoughts a lot."
He said looking at me, he is not wrong I mostly do.

"Yeah sorry"
I mumbled quietly.

"It's not a bad thing"
He smiled,

'What was he saying before catching my attention?'

"Were you saying something?"
I asked. Subconsciously fidgeting with my fingers.

"Do you like penguins?"
He asked. I raised my eyebrow not expecting such questions. I stared at my hands blankly before slowly nodding.

"They're my favorite animals"
I said glancing at him.

"Really?! I like penguins I heard there is an aquarium opening and they're getting penguins for the opening."
Alec talked excitedly as his hands waved out. It is quite adorable to see him so happy.

"That sounds cool."
I said, giving him a small smile.

"Do you want to go with me it's going to open on Saturday? We will have so much fun if you came"
He said glancing at me then focusing back on the road.

Only me and him? Like a date? No don't be weird. He never said it was a date. He just wants to hang out as friends, yeah, that's it. I like the idea. It will be fun and I get to hang out with Alec some more.

"Are you sure you want to go with me? You can take a friend. I don't think I would be a fun companion"
My insecurities got the best of me and before I could think the words escaped my mouth. He looked at me after parking the car.

"But I don't want to go with a friend. I want to go with you and for the record, I have so much fun when I'm with you."
His words left me trying my best to not overthink—To not make a big deal out of them. The click of the door opening snapped me out of it. Alec opened the car's door for me.

"Después de su alteza" 'after your highness'

I looked at him with my eyebrows raised trying not to chuckle.

"Did you get that off google's translation?"
I asked him making him groan.

"Shhh, don't call me out like that."
He said making me laugh. His eyes lit up at for a second or two.

"Okay okay, I will pretend that I have no clue."
I got out of the car with a wide smile on my face. Why am I smiling? Does it look weird? Should I stop?

"Gracias Señor" 'thank you, sir'
I said with a thick accent passing by him. He whistled.

"That was....impressive"
He said chuckling.

He quickly caught up to me."I think they're still at the ice cream shop." Alec said pulling his phone out.

"What's your favorite ice cream flavor?"
Was that okay? It wasn't a weird thing to ask, Was it?

He looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. Please don't look at me like that, I regret asking.

"Cookies and dough, my favorite ice cream flavor is cookies and dough what is yours?"
Said Alec giving me his signature sweet smile. Cookies and dough? What? Like Cookie dough?

"I like-"
I was about to tell him but a stranger's shoulder shoved me down to the floor.

"What the fuck?! Watch where you are going asshole."
Alec glared at him.

"He was the one in my way"
The man said giving me a dirty look.

"Some nerves you fucking have-"
Alec was about to attack the man but I groaned in pain as I tried to stand up.
Alec's gaze turned to me, he took my hands pulling me up.

"Are you okay?"
Alec asked me sincerely worried. It's sincere, Right?

I nodded, I fell on a rock and now my butt hurts.

"Are you sure?"
He asked lifting my hair off my forehead.

I nodded again and he turned around but the guy was nowhere to be found. He sighed turning back to me.

"I was going to beat matters into his fucking skull."
He told me frustratedly.
Thank god he isn't here.

"Alec I'm glad you didn't. It's okay, I'm fine."
I said quietly. Am I being annoying? He might get angrier because of me.

"No, it's not. You could have gotten seriously hurt."
He scoffed.

"My favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate chip ice cream"
I said. It took him a moment to realize what I was talking about.

He smiled softly at me making my heart skip a beat.

"Let's go get you a chocolate chip ice cream then"
He said putting his hand on my back and slightly pushing me forward.

I'm happy, He makes me happy.