(7) I Made Him Smile ☆

- Reader's POV -
Thursday

Alec walked towards the cafe his mother owns, without hesitation, he pushed the cafeteria's doors open and walked in.

"Bad day?"
Laura asked her son wiping the counter earning a nod from him.

Before she could ask any more questions he made his way to the roof and sat there pulling his knees to his chest and resting his chin on them as the chilly wind messed with his hair.

The way he broke down when Miles came to him surprised him, he hated being weak in front of anyone but still, he cried his eyes out on Miles's shoulder what surprised him, even more, is Miles hugging him back he knew nothing about him but the fact that he hated physical contact ever since he saw his fist-bumping his cousin whom he hadn't seen in years instead of hugging her.

Miles didn't whisper or mumble he talked loudly with him and didn't hide around him - he wasn't quiet and awkward or as Alec liked to say "Adorkably Quiet" and that meant a lot to him.

His mind drifted to the reason he was mad and upset in the first place, Alec's father passed away when he was 8 years old he loved his father more than anything he was his idol but Alec found out later on that his father was cheating on his mother.

A woman and her daughter showed up on their porch claiming that the woman is his Father's girlfriend and that the girl with her was his sister.

The girl was his age and her name was Elizabeth however Alec and Tatum hated her more than anything she was a bitch with a trashy attitude and would do anything to please herself she loved herself more than anyone could imagine - even tho Alec was only 15 then he knew that he will never get along with that girl no matter how hard he tried and was very thankful when she moved to Mexico with her mother.

Alec and Tatum didn't tell anyone about her existence and no one knew until Rebekah became friends with her after meeting Omegle, she told her about her half-siblings, and Rebekah connecting the dots found out it was her boyfriend,

By the time she confronted Alec she already knew everything about his father, she knew everything Alec wanted no one to know.

She promised she won't tell anyone and Alec trusted her but she broke his trust by telling her minions and her minions were quick to spread the news around.

Alec was surprised how he just forgot about the main problem when Miles came all he thought about was Miles did this or Miles did that when the real problem was everyone finding out about all the shit he has been hiding for years.

He sighed letting sleep take over him.

                             ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"Is he okay?"
Tatum asked Miles as they walked towards the cafeteria earning a nod from Miles.

"I'm proud of you Miles"
Nia said nudging him.

"I wonder what Rebekah did to make him that mad"
Nia asked and Tatum froze in her place as she slowly understood what was going on.

"Tatum?"
Nia asked looking at her.

"She-she.."
Tatum panicked looking around seeing people pointing and whispering about her.

Her dad is such a manwhore.
Who knew they had a sister.
Ew wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be like their father.
Imagine how embarrassing it must be! He dated a woman while being married to another.
No wonder their mother hates the mini versions of him living with her.

Nia wrapped her arm around her steadying her.

"Shh it's okay baby I'm here"
Nia said stroking Tatum's hair calming her down.

Miles was surprised that Nia and Tatum were a thing but he was happy for his cousin and by the way Tatum is calming down he knew they were right for each other.

Tatum never told Nia about anything but all Nia cared about at that moment was Tatum.

Miles awkwardly shifted his way to the cafeteria walking towards the line to buy his lunch, he looked at the pepperoni pizza with satisfaction.

'Finally some food'

He dug into the pizza with no shame,

He looked around the cafeteria seeing all the tables full except one so he sat on it eating his pizza.

'Wait where is Alec?'
'Oh my fucking god Miles you idiot you just let him leave he was literally crying on your shoulder and you just let him go that easy?!'

Miles mentally facepalmed he hated how stupid he could be sometimes.

'But Alec is a grown guy who can take care of himself he doesn't need me'

'He doesn't need me yeah it's not like we are friends or anything like pfft we just met anyways'

'Wait...Did I like a hug? Oh my god, I liked a hug! Oh crap there we go again god why'

'Maybe we can be friends...friends yeah but how will we be friends if I don't talk, crap'

'It's okay I can talk...I can talk? Dude who are you kidding the only thing you talk to is to the cactus in your room'

'Shut up inner voice that's not true! Well, it kind of is but so what I made him smile I asked him what's wrong!'

'I said his name out loud...I called his name! Ha, take that!'

'You are arguing with me I mean you- about talking that's stupid'

'I made him smile'