(4) I Hate You ☆

- Reader's POV -
Wednesday

"Miloooooo"
Nia whined, she has been trying to convince Miles to take the room downstairs for the past hour.

"No Nia I don't care that you hate sleeping on the first floor because I do too and I am taking the one upstairs"
Miles carried his boxes and walked upstairs leaving Nia huffing and stomping downstairs.

He pushed the room's door open with his foot and looked at the empty lavender walled room, all it had was a bed and a closet.

'A trip to Ikea it is'
He thought to himself before putting the boxes on the floor.

He walked to the window and eyed the sun slowly hiding behind the tall building, he turned around jumping when he saw Nia.

"Can you make a freaking sound?"
He said feeling his heart pounding in his chest.

"My bad, I got you those sheets and pillows unless you want to sleep a plain mattress"
She said smirking making Miles roll his eyes.

"Thank you I will take them"
He said flashing her a big fake smile before snatching the things from her hand.

"Hey, Milo?"
Nia asked earning a hum from Miles who was now making his bed.

"If you don't mind me asking, Why were you expelled?"
Nia asked the question that Miles was most afraid of, he saw it coming but he still froze and started to fidget.

"I um-"
Miles sighed in relief when he heard his father yelling that dinner is ready.

He quickly took off pacing downstairs making Nia frown, she knew he was so himself around her without being shy or trembly but what just happened made her think otherwise.

The house they were staying at was a two-story house with a classic porch and a small backyard.

Miles sat on the chair and rested his forehead on the table.

"We are going to Ikea tomorrow after school so that you can buy whatever you need for your rooms"
Kobe said placing a plate of pasta and meatballs in front of Miles.

"That room is the shittiest room I've ever seen my entire life like why the hell is Dora The Explorer drawn on my wooden floor"
Nia complained sliding in the chair next to Miles's making Kobe laugh.

"Alec and Tatum are picking us up for school tomorrow so you can leave early for your interviews"
Nia told Kobe causing Miles's head to shot up.

"What!?"
Miles blurted out without thinking.

"Sorry Milo but there is no way out of this, you are tagging along"
Nia said digging in her food.

"You can't just throw me in a car with people I don't know!"
Miles yelled devastated.

"Exactly I will throw you in the car with those people you don't know who are my friends so that you can talk to them and have friends other than me"
Nia said staring into Miles's soul.

"Nah-uh no way in heck"
Miles shook his head firmly

                          ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"I hate you"
Miles said as Nia dragged him towards the car.

"I love you too"
Nia said as they reached the car.

Alec looked up from his phone seeing a smiley Nia entering the car he smiled back but his smile grew wider when the shy quiet boy entered the car awkwardly avoiding eye contact.

"Good morning!"
Nia beamed energetically.

"I still don't understand how can you be so energetic at 7 am"
Tatum said half asleep earning a grin from Nia.

"Good morning Nia"
Alec said chuckling, he looked at Miles in the mirror the poor boy was sinking quietly into the chair covering his face with his hand as if he wishes the floor would eat him alive.

"Good morning Miles"
Alec said causing Miles to get flustered he did not see that coming he expected them to just ignore him but that's nothing near what Alec wanted to do.

"M- Morning"
Miles muffled his voice barely audible since his face is buried in his sleeves which made Alec grin.

'Adorable'
Alec thought bringing his sight back to the road.

"What do you have for your first class?"
Nia asked Alec.

"Biology"
He answered glancing at his sleeping sister.

"I think she has English"
Alec continued,

"I have English too and we have an exam so can you please take Milo-"
Before Nia could finish Miles kicked her foot because she called him Milo in public and she was about to ask her friend who happens to be making Miles a walking tomato head guide him around.

"I would love to"
Alec said causing Miles to gasp then cover his face from embarrassment.

Alec tried his best not to laugh at how cute he is.

"Really?! That's great!"
Nia said leaning back into the seat.

"Y- You don't have to"
Miles tried to get himself out of this but of course, Alec interrupted.

"Yeah but I want to"