Chapter 5- Shoto Todoroki

Where- where am I? I jolted up, my head spinning. This isn't U.A, I realized. I looked around, I can't see anything with all this smoke. Crap, what am I going to do? "Maybe try to find an exit, but what if I run into a villain; I'm in no shape to fight right now."I thought as I clenched my side. I need to do something, otherwise this smoke will start to suffocate me. There! A staircase. I need to get to the roof, I'll have a better look from above. I listen carefully, there's no other movement around other than myself. Strange, but I can't let that keep me back; I need to know if any of my friends are here too.

As I make my way to the staircase, the jabbing pain in my stomach seems to intensify. I can't worry about that right now, right now, I need to get out of here, I remind myself. I finally make it to the roof. The pain unbearable now, and my vision is blurring. This isn't good. As I look at the outside, one thing is for sure. I'm not at U.A. I steady my breathing trying not to faint. As I'm on the verge of collapsing, I hear a voice call out my name. A voice I would recognize anywhere. It's Midoriya.

I look around for him, while clenching my side. "Midoriya...."I try to say, but my voice won't get loud enough for him or the other people he's with to hear me. Think! What else should I do! What can I do? Then it hits me. He'll be able to see my ice if I can only push myself a little more. I try to make a huge slab of ice, but what was made was a tiny block of ice the size of a quarter. Come on Shoto! Do it! With all my will, I use my quirk once more, and black out.