❁ Chapter 35 | harry

My mom would always tell me that kids take in everything around them and know a lot more than we think they do

I was never sure what she exactly meant by this until today when I'd received the call that Lenny had punched someone.

"Sorry, she what?" I nearly choke on the coffee I'd been drinking, giving Nina a wide eyed look. "Would you mind running that by with me just once more?" I ask, this time pressing the speaker icon on my phone.

Nina looks mildly confused by my outburst as she gives me a questioning expression at my panicked face. "What?" She mouths.

"Yes sir. It seems like Lennon has gotten into a little dispute with one of her classmates and it took a violent turn on Lennon's part. They're both fine but we're going to need you and Mrs.Styles to come in so we can further discuss this."

Nina's mouth gapes open, now just as shocked as I am, staring down at my phone. "She's five! How violent could this have fucking been?" Nina whisper-yells at me.

"Sorry?" The lady on the phone questions.

I dart my eyes over to Nina shrugging and trying my best to form my thoughts into words. "Uh-Okay. We'll be there in a couple of minutes, thank you, goodbye." I rush to hang up the call turning to Nina. "Nina, she's punched someone."

"Who?"

"Lenny." I blurt out scattering to find my keys frantically.

"That doesn't sound right." Nina frowns. "That's not something Lenny would do."

"I know." I take my black coat that's leaning on be couch, slipping it on before continuing to pace around. "Where the hell are my keys?"

Nina watches me slowly, taking a sip out of her coffee staring me down with a slight shrug. Her quietness is making me a bit nervous as she continues to look at me, on the verge of making me blush. I undoubtedly think she's already succeeded.

"What?"

"Nothing." She smiles innocently. I watch as she gets up with a smirk on her face and slips on her own hoodie before grabbing my keys from the dining table. Hadn't noticed them before but I take them and thank her under my breathe as we both walk out.

I don't point out how sketchy that was just now. The way she was looking at me, but I go along with it as we approach the car.

The drive to Lenny's school which doesn't take long, it's about a 2 minute drive but once we leave the car, I almost trip over my own feet when I realize what I'm wearing.

Oh.my.fucking.god.

"I'm in my fucking pajamas with a shirt that says 'safe sex' and you didn't stop me?" My cheeks go flushed as I look down at my shirt, along with my checkered red pajama pants and slippers. I was in such a rush to get here that I hadn't realized I didn't change out of my clothes.