❁ Chapter 6 | nina

Today Ethan and I had decided to work on our story and map out all the places we'd stop by before the musicians would perform on stage

It'd been a difficult process and I could tell he was very distracted, zoning out every once in a while right on my face when he thought I wasn't looking. With him being a little flirty, there were moments I'd have to trace him back to our article and remind him what we were actually here for. His intentions seemed a lot more further than just working tonight.

This wasn't his first time over. Lennon had seen him before and she'd been very fond of the small gifts he would bring her each time he did. He'd been building her trust and was vocal about how he'd love her to grow fond of him. He cared what she thought, which was sweet. Even today, knowing Lenny was out with Harry, he still brought her a small pink stuffed bear that was currently sat on the kitchen counter awaiting her arrival. He's amazing with her, that was one thing I was sure of and that I was thankful for.

"You know, it's going to be kind of fun to see everyone performing." Ethan smiled.

I grab the purple flyer across the table, careful not to knock over my bouquet of red roses he'd brought me.

Looking over the setlist of musicians, I chuckle in amazement. "The setlist is actually really good. Can't believe Billie Eilish is coming to our city."

"It's pretty crazy. I go to this thing every year and the setlist never looks this good," Ethan says with a sigh looking around my house. "And it's only day 1."

"I know, incredible isn't it?" I respond. "Would you like anymore water? I also have a bottle of wine we could pop open?" I offer standing up from the couch.

I honestly needed to loosen up a bit. This whole planning thing was stressing me out a lot and I didn't have the patience for it.

"I'd love some wine." He responds with a grin. I walk over to my wine storage and grabbed a fruity bottle out from the many before grabbing some wine cups.

Carrying everything out to the coffee table and Ethan reaches out for the bottle, filling both cups halfway for us.