❁ Chapter 44 | nina

Opening my eyes, I squint at the brightness coming through the window

I'm a little confused at first until a wave of realization came as soon as I smelt the familiar cashmere-vanilla scent coming from the bare body laying in bed with me.

Nuzzled into my neck is Harry with his arms wrapped around my waist, our bare legs tangled together and his hot breathe fanning my skin with every exhale.

This is only one of the few mornings we've shared together now.

I don't know why that thought has popped into my mind but it has.

Suddenly a phone begins to ring from the bedside table. The sudden quietness interrupted with a sudden jingle making Harry jump beneath me. He groans, deeply sighing as I begin to run my fingers through his scalp in hopes to get him up but it seems to do the complete opposite because he nuzzles even further into my neck.

"Your phone is ringing." I whisper, listening as he lets out a incoherent sound.

The ringing eventually stops and he lets out a sigh of relief until suddenly it starts ringing for a second time.

"You should probably get that." I mumble to
him. "It might be important."

Harry leaves a kiss onto my neck, causing my stomach to flutter before I feel him pull away and roll out of bed.

"Hello?" I listen as Harry's deep, groggy voice answers the call. "Why are you screaming at me? It's like 9am." Harry winces, tugging the phone away from his ear as a muffled voice is on the other line.

He now has my full attention as I move the sheet up to cover my bare chest, watching him closely, his eyebrows furrowing. He rubs his tired eyes with the back of his hand.

His hair has gotten a lot longer in the past few months. It wasn't long but it was long enough to wear his curls have formed which I loved. He runs his fingers through his curls, pushing them back as he listens closely to whoever is on the other line with sleepy eyes.

He looked so undeniably good in the mornings. It really wasn't fair.

"Well is it an emergency?" Harry's expression changes a bit, a little more alarmed as he faces me. I raise my eyebrow, waiting for him to give me some sort of hint as to what he's being told. "Shit, alright give me like 10 minutes and I'll be over to pick her up.....alright, bye."

I watch as he goes over to a t-shirt in his closet, tugging it on quickly, scattering to find the rest of his clothes to wear.

"Lenny's caught a fever. She's a bit warm and she's been waking up throughout the night crying so Casey's freaking out." He says almost too quickly.

"A fever? Why didn't she call us sooner?" I frown, trying to find my own clothes.

"You're coming with me right?" He questions me.