❁ Chapter 4 | I think i've just seen an angel

*flashback 6 years ago*

Evergreen "Writing Day" Convention 
2015

"This is absolutely wild," Adam said standing next to me as we both entered the gates together.

As an extra credit assignment, our professor had instructed us to attend this annual writing convention consisting of different writers. He wanted us to have a hands on experience of what the different branches of writing were, career wise.

I'd tried to convince Casey to come along with me, but she had been experimenting at party's lately being an incoming freshman and all.

I'd teased her for it too. She might have dragged me along for her first one and I might've agreed just to lookout and keep her safe, but it turned out that it really wasn't my thing. The drugs, the drinking, the risk of the cops showing. It all seemed like too much for me. If anything, I'd much more preferred to stay at home and read.

"Agreed," I said looking around at the different booths.

"You know, you haven't really told me about what you want to do with your writing." Adam said slightly shoving me with his hand.

"I've thought about it," I say looking down at the wooden floor we were walking on before looking back up at him. "I'm not quite sure just yet. I mean, writing means the world to me I just don't know what my strongest form of writing is yet." I shrug and he nods.

When I'd told my father about what I'd really wanted to do in the future, he looked at me when humor in his eyes and shook his head. He then proceeded to tell me how disappointed he was that I had turned down his job opportunity as a realtor with his company.

"You'll make a whole lot of more money than someone who sits on a fucking chair and writes useless crap, I can tell you that."  He would say.

His words made my blood boil but I wouldn't let him get to me. I was doing what I loved and I wasn't going to give that up just to please him.

Which is why I'd moved from England to America. It was by far the best decision I had ever made.

"Maybe you'll find something around here, who knows?" He said tucking a loose strand of blonde hair behind his ear.

"What about you?," I ask him curiously, "What do you want to do?"

"Scriptwriting," He says almost immediately. "I've always been a huge theatre kid but I'd never be the one on stage. I'd be the one behind it, writing the magic." Adam smiles shyly looking down at the ground. He seemed very passionate about what he wanted to do and I admired that a lot. He knew what he wanted.