[33]

____________________________________

<Black Lake, Day of the Second Task>

Finally, it was the day of the second task, all of the students had been told to make their way down to the Black Lake where the task was supposed to take place. This morning Willow had been a mess, barely able to eat anything as she worried over the participants. To be honest, she was curious and excited about the whole ordeal but she couldn't wait for it to be all over and for school to go back to normal.

Currently, Willow was standing in one of the three stands in the middle of the Black Lake, Angelina on one side and Alicia and Lee on the other. The task still had ten minutes before it began and Fred and George were using that time to earn as much money as possible through their betting. That morning they had both left the Great Hall rather early as they made their way down to the boats to catch as many people as possible.

Fred had been a little worried about Willow and had been hesitant to leave but she had shooed him off, they needed as much money as possible to make this dream of theirs comes true. He had left quickly, placing a small kiss on her cheek before rushing to catch up to George.

As the clock hit the five-minute mark, Dumbledore began to speak, explaining the situation and task. Each of the competitors had one hour to find and retrieve their 'treasure' from the bottom of the lake. Willow began to feel uneasy again, who knew what was is in the depths of the Black Lake. Like the merpeople and Grindylows, or what if the Giant Squid got in the way!

Willow tensed up but quickly relaxed as she felt a pair of arms wrap themself around her waist as Fred nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck. "Hello, love" he whispered into her ear and she tilted her head back to look at him, "hi" she whispered back.

"Don't stress, Dumbledore won't let anyone get hurt", Willow nodded and sunk into his embrace. Suddenly the cannon went off, "looks like filch is still a bit trigger happy" Willow said and Fred hummed in response. They watched as Fleur, Cederic and Victor dove into the water elegantly - to an extent. Willow frowned as she watched Harry, he seemed to be choking and she flinched as he fell into the water.

Everyone seemed to be holding their breath, even Fred gripped Willow's waist a little tighter. "Do you thin-" George began to talk from next to the pair before getting interrupted. Harry flew out of the water, flipping in the air and showing off his newly acquired, flippers? "Gillyweed" Willow whispered to herself and everyone turned to look at her.

"I beg your pardon?" Alicia said and Willow looked at her, grinning, this is where her extensive knowledge of herbology came in handy. "Gillyweed, that's what harry used to obtain those flippers and gills". Fred chuckled, "you nerd", she took a step back and stepped down on his foot lightly. "Shut up". "How do you know that?" Lee asked and Willow grinned yet again, "I read about it in a book that Professor Sprout recommended to me", he nodded, "rightio".

-

The hour was beginning to run out and still, there were no signs of any of the contestants. Apart from Fleur who had been attacked by Grindylows and had to forfeit. That only heightened Willow's worry for the other three.

At ten to, suddenly someone burst up out of the water and everyone gathered around the railing to see who it was and what this 'treasure' was. "Cedric's back, with Cho?" Alicia said with a confused look on her face. "The treasures are people..." Angelina replied and Willow paled. "What," she said and looked at her friend. "The treasures are people, maybe that's why Ginny couldn't find Ron this morning," George said and Lee nodded, "yeah and Hermione was missing as well".

"Look!", soon after Cedric had emerged another pair had emerged and broken the glassy surface of the lake. "It's Krum!" Alicia pointed out, "with Hermione?". Fred scoffed, "I mean, they were getting a bit cosy at the Yule Ball", Willow elbowed him and he grunted, "says you". He grinned and pecked her cheek, "you've got a point there, love".

They continued to watch the water and Willow let out a sigh of relief as two new figures finally emerged. Everyone around her was cheering and both Fred and George yelled loudly as they recognised their brother. Willow froze. "That's Fleur's younger sister, where's Harry". She watched as Ron helped the younger girl out of the water and Fleur fussed over her. "Give him a minute," Fred said as Willow fiddled with his fingers.

Suddenly like a flying fish, Harry lept out of the water, wand in hand and landed painfully on one of the platoons. Willow let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding and turned in Fred's embrace to wrap her arms around him. He squeezed her, "I told you so".

Fred and George went off quickly to find their brother and Alicia, Angelina, Lee and Willow made their way back to the castle on the self-moving boats. "You guys go ahead, I want to wait for -" she was cut off as Alicia waved her hand in the air, "you got it, boss, we'll see you inside, in front of the warm fire". Willow grinned at her and nodded as they continued on their way and she waited close to the dock for Fred, George and Ron.

She smiled brightly and ran forwards as she spotted them, pulling Hermione and Ron into an embrace. Harry had already been dragged off by Mr Crouch. "Thank god you two are alright!", Ron laughed, "sheesh Willow you act as though you're my sister or something" he sassed, Willow let go of them and raised an eyebrow, "I might as well be" she sassed back. Realisation dawned on her and she slapped a hand over her mouth looking at Fred who had an amused grin on his face, "I didn't mean it like that" she blurted out and he nodded, "sure thing love,".

Quickly trying to change the subject Willow grabbed Hermione and pulled her with her, "so, Mr Victor Krum ay" she said and Hermione blushed, "shut up Willow". Willow grinned, returning to her usual self as all her worry for the day left her body.

They continued towards the castle for a little while before Hermione and Ron parted to make their way down to Hagrid's hut. Fred and George slung their arms around Willow's shoulders as they walked and she smiled at them. "And then there were three," George said and grinned, "three pranksters" Willow replied. "I'm glad your relationship hasn't ruined our dynamic," George said and Fred scoffed, "I can ruin it if you want me to". Willow elbowed him, "Fred!", "pfft as if," George said as they neared the common room.

George took his arm off Willow's shoulder and walked ahead of the couple, eager to get back to his lover. Fred pulled her closer to him and she leaned into his side as she usually did. "Merlin, you're so bloody cute" he whispered and she looked up at him in shock. He grinned before swooping down and stealing a quick kiss. "And you're all mine". Willow pouted, pulling him back down by his collar and kissing him again, "I'm all yours".

____________________________________

[note]
The end of this chapter is so sickly sweet, it's just reminding me of how lonely I am, lol.

Have a nice day!

Also

While I'm at it... I have a Draco Malfoy book as well!
(It's already completed and considerably shorter than this one, so you don't have worry about my inconsistency lol)

Give it a read!