45. The Romanowskian company

Coretta

I smoothed down my black skirt for the nth time as I stood in front of the aqua coloured skyscraper.

The taxi that dropped me was long gone, now mixed with the many cars rushing down the busy street.

It was stunning that this skyscraper was surrounded by its own lawn, where I stood at one corner, gaping at its immenseness.

"Ugh, I should've worn stockings," I muttered as the skirt rode up till my knees again. I pushed it down.

I don't want anyone to see my knees. Period.

The lawn had meticulously trimmed trees and spears stuck up at every corner. There were even swords and shields hung over these spears. I blinked back.

Odd decor.

My phone buzzed, and I opened my tote bag to fish it out. The caller ID stated Lola Rose.

Who is that?

I crinkled my brows in confusion. I didn't remember saving anyone by that name. Nonetheless, I answered it.

"Hey Cors! Damn, where have you been, girl? Do you know how it went for me?" she whistled.

I brought the phone back from my ear to look at it. That sounded like Cheryl.

"Um, no? Surprise me," I replied.

"I got a job! That too in one go!" she squealed, "You know how much I was itching to get one after our internship? Am a blessed baby now," she sang.

The people around, probably the employees of the company, started giving me bizarre looks. They had noticed me standing there like a loon for the past fifteen minutes.

I passed them a smile and started walking, making them give an uneasy one in return.

"So which company?" I asked her back.

"It's one of the most famous! And since I'm the CEO's P.A, I've got a free world tour package cause he has business deals around the world and has to travel constantly!

"The one and only The Great Alexandrian Enterprises!" she revealed the name.

Cheryl had amazing confidence for interviews and slayed it every time. While me? I'd only do one prayer.

Don't make me a chicken that the interviewer could roast.

"What about you? Which company has selected you?" she asked.

"Uh... the company's name..." It was weird that I'd come here for my interview and didn't know the name.

As I kept walking, I found a signboard near the entrance.

"It's... Rom- um wait, it's huge,

"Romanowskian Regal Glory?" I spelt the golden letters.

"Geez, you sound like a lost cause," she exclaimed, "Anyway, lemme tell you. They handle the shipping work for The Great Alexandrian Enterprises. Comes under their trusted partners so you have to grab this opportunity. You understand?"

"Yeah," I muttered as the automatic double doors opened to let me in.

"Go rock it Cors! Love you loads. 'kay bye!" And she hung up.

A gust of cool air hit my face, calming my senses with the fragrance of indoor plants. Sound of rushing water made me look to my left.

Was that a freaking waterfall in this reception hall? Wow.