𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ |

"Urgh," Kassie slumped as soon as she sat down at the lunch table, "why did I think offering to join the yearbook committee was a good idea?"

Hazel collapsed into the spot opposite the brunette, her head thumping loudly on the surface. "Why did I think it was a good idea to help you?" Hazel inquired, her voice slightly muffled.

"It'll change lives." Hazel raised her head, looking to her left. She spotted Bella and Edward, surrounded by Bella's friends.

Out of seemingly nowhere appeared Jasper and Alice. The couple sat down with Bella's friend group, with Alice immediately chatting animatedly to them. Hazel watched with a slight frown. She was curious as to what they were talking about.

Party.

Hazel grimaced at the distorted voice, banging her head on the table again. Christian, Minnie and Kassie stared at her.

Graduation. Graduation party.

A smile tugged at the corner of Hazel's lips despite her discomfort with the gurgling and disembodied voice. Alice was going through with it.

Hazel straightened up. Her friends frowned, looking between themselves. Hazel picked up a fry off her lunch tray, hastily shoving it into her mouth. Her friends began speaking once more, and Hazel focused on them. She jumped in as soon as possible despite not knowing what they were talking about, but it didn't matter. The other's didn't mind, either.

At least, until they heard a gasp from the table by theirs, that was.

"Alice?" Hazel recognised the voice as Bella's sweeter female friend.

Hazel turned her head to them. The small and pale vampire stared blankly ahead as the table members peered at her odd behaviour. Jasper watched Alice, his hand hovering over her back. His golden eyes flicked and connected with Hazel's worried green ones. He frowned, unsure of what to say or do. His gaze shifted back to Alice as soon as she came to.

Seeing things. Bad. Bad feeling.

"Yeah," Hazel breathed softly. She gathered her things, shoving her second and final fry into her mouth, as Alice and Jasper got ready to go. "Bad feeling?"

"Hazel?" Christian frowned at the girl, being the only one at the table who could hear. "You good? You just sat down."

"I—I'm good. Just forgot something, I think," Hazel lied, shooting him a short smile.

Her eyes stayed glued to Alice and Jasper as they headed out of the room. The blonde male looked back at her again. His head subtly beckoned her to follow.

"I'm coming," she whispered. Jasper nodded in response.

"What happened?" Hazel inquired. She moved Alice and Jasper further from the cafeteria, and any prying eyes and ears. "Is everything okay?"

Alice frowned. She gave the girl an unconvincing nod in response. Hazel furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"I'm okay. Nothing serious. I got a little concerned for a second, is all." Alice shot the girl a reassuring smile.

Hazel peered at the vampire for a few more moments before letting out a sigh. Alice was stubborn, Hazel knew that, and she also knew it would mean she wouldn't hear a word about what Alice saw.

Lying. Lies.

"Just shut up," Hazel huffed, scrunching up her face at the voice. "You wouldn't know." She could tell Alice and Jasper were watching her, waiting.

I do. We do.

A chorus of voice sang out, and Hazel bit her cheek. "Shut up." She growled again. Her eyes opened, and she glared at the shifting shadow, violently waving it off.

"To anyone else, you'd look insane," Alice couldn't help the soft laughter that fell from her lips. "I mean," another giggle followed, "I really can't say much, can I?" Her cold hand reached up, patting the human's cheek softly.

"Oh, shush, Alice," Hazel smiled. Her eyes flicked to the shadow once more, then to Jasper. "Jasper?" The blonde, who was staring down the hallway, turned his attention to the girls. "Are you good?"

"Yeah," he nodded, shooting her a smile. "I was trying to figure out if anyone was coming too close. I didn't think you wanted anyone seeing you waving at the air."

"It would be that thing's fault," Hazel's arm shot out, pointing an accusatory finger at the shadow figure. A disturbed chorus of complaints rolled in her head, and she frowned.

"All Alice saw was me going back to visit some old friends. That's all. She was worried about me," Jasper explained.

Hazel hummed. Jasper stepped closer to the pair, wrapping an arm around Alice's shoulders and pressing a soft kiss to Alice's head.

"Have you invited your friends to the party yet?" Alice's subject change was immediate. She narrowed her eyes at Hazel. "Have you even brought it up with them?"

Hazel sighed. "I haven't brought it up."

"Hazel," Alice shook her head.

"To be fair, I wasn't sure if Val and Christian were allowed," Hazel shot Alice a pointed look. "I didn't know if you wanted it to be a strictly human event or not."

"Well, Bella already told me she was going to invite Jacob, so I guess it's going to be an all-inclusive event."

"You don't sound very pleased," Hazel noted with a snicker.

"Alice doesn't want any dogs there," Jasper told her. "However, she is being slightly more lenient because they're Bella's and your friends."

"The house is going to smell like them for so long," Alice scrunched her nose. "Rosalie is going to be mad when everyone leaves, but all she can smell is dog."

Hazel cleared her throat, crossing her arms once more. "I know you hate them, but one of those dog-smelling werewolves os my best friend."

"If you were a vampire, you would understand," Alice sighed. She pulled Hazel in for a hug, standing on her tip-toes to kiss the girl. "You know you love me, though."

"Always," Hazel replied, pressing another peck to Alice's lips, then giving Jasper a kiss as well.

a/n: hi! so, this and the next couple of chapters are going to before any exciting stuff happens. It's all at the beginning, so theres nothing really fun.

i hope you enjoyed, though! leave a comment if you wish, bc i love reading them and replying. until next time, bye!!