𝐱𝐯.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ |

After seeing Sam and the other boys on the cliff's edge, Bella appeared to be acting weird. Hazel was even more concerned for the girl when she realised no one had thought to bring helmets, or any sort of protective equipment for that matter. Jacob tried his best to be reassuring, however, stating that the only way Bella would get hurt was if she wasn't paying attention to where she was driving. Hazel made sure she stayed alert despite his words, knowing that the girl would find some way to injure herself.

"How about we get Hazel to go first," Jacob suggested, "you can tell she'd been dying to." Jacob and Bella laughed, but Hazel didn't care that she was the joke. She finally got to ride a bike after so long.

"I think I'd feel more comfortable if I let the professional go first anyway," Bella smiled. Hazel returned the gesture, happily straddling the vehicle within seconds.

Jacob and Bella stood back as Hazel hit the gas. The rumble filled her ears, and she swore she felt a weight lift from her chest. Her fingers slowly eased off the clutch, and the bike sped forward. Once she was a small distance away she let out a whoop, raising a fist and laughing as the wind whipped around her, tousling her short curls. Once she got to a fair distance away, she quickly turned the motorcycle back, returning to Bella and Jacob.

"Show off," Jacob laughed. Hazel grinned cockily, clambering off and bowing to the pair.

"Thank you," she smiled, "I'll be here all week." That was when Bella took her spot on the bike, and Hazel turned around, making sure she had her best warning voice on. "You best be careful. I don't want your dad on my ass because of this, okay?" Bella laughed, but Jacob quickly called her attention.

"You look scared," he commented.

"I'm not."

"All right," he smiled. "Brake?" She squeezed the brake. "Clutch?" She closed her hand around the clutch. "Good. Gas?" With a small flick of her thumb the bike roared to life once more. "Ready?" His question was met with a soft gasp of Bella's. "Now slowly release the clutch," he instructed as he slowly moved away.

Bella almost did exactly as she was told. She released the clutch, much too suddenly, which sent her forward with a vicious jolt. She immediately flicked off the bike.

"Woah!" Jacob exclaimed. "You alright?"

"You okay, Bella?" Hazel asked at the same time. She was very concerned about the girl's strange attittude right before.

"Mh-hmm," Bella hummed, brushing her concern off. "I'm gonna go again." She spoke, flicking the gas once more.

Jacob couldn't get a chance to respond to Bella before she released the clutch and sped off down the track. Both Hazel and Jacob watched, both extremely worried for the girl. Hazel couldn't help but slowly walk after the girl.

"Get your bike, Jacob," Hazel instructed. She could already see something bad would happen.

Bella's behaviour seemed to worsen on the bike. After just a few seconds, she began to whip her head around wildly, as if looking out for something, or watching something. It was clear the girl was losing control over the bike. Hazel looked in front of Bella to see where she was heading, finding only a large rock in her path. Panic flooded Hazel's chest and she began to run toward Bella. She cupped her hands around her mouth.

"Brake!"

"Hit the brake!" Jacob called out, just about to climb on his motorcycle.

But it was too late. Hazel could only watch as Bella swerved the bike, either to stop or change direction. The action made her fly off the bike, tumbling until she hit the rock she was about to crash into. The bike stopped its roaring, and Hazel quickly ran to the girl's aid.

"Shit," she cursed, and Jacob's bike went flying past. "Shit, shit, shit. If Mr Swan finds out he's gonna kill me."

By the time Hazel had gotten to the pair, Jacob was taking his shirt off. Hazel stopped next to him, panting, as he pressed the cloth to her head, dabbing away the blood. Seeing that Jacob seemed to be taking better care of Bella than she could, Hazel turned her attention to the bike. I laid in the dirt, dead silent, covered in dust. Hazel glanced once more at Bella and Jacob, then frowned at her motocycle. She wasn't even tuning in to their conversation anymore.

"Bella, sweetie, I refuse to let you touch another motorcycle until you have all the proper protective gear," Hazel told the girl, who Jacob had hauled up now. Bella frowned at her. "And only when you're properly supervised."

"Geez, Hazel," Jacob laughed, "you sound like a mum."

"Good," Hazel replied. Suddenly, she saw the damage to Bella's head. "Bella, you really need to get that woulnd properly looked at. We can say you tripped on a hammer or something if you'd like?" She nodded. "Okay. And, Jacob. Disconnect her back brake."

"Sure thing, boss," Jacob laughed.

A/N: how's it going? how have you been?

this chapter's a little shorter, because I had absolutely no idea how to add anything else to it, but it's whatever.

anyways,  thank you for taking time to read this, i luv u. and i hope you enjoyed!