𝐱𝐥𝐢.

"Alice, you do such a good job!" Minnie and Kassie gawked at the inside of the Cullen home, clutching each other with wide grins. "Seriously. It's incredible."

"Aw, thank you!" Alice smiled at the girls. "Please enjoy yourselves. The snack table is just over there." She pointed to the right room hosting several tables covered in bowls and plates of various foods.

"Score!" Minnie cheered, dragging Kassie after her.

"Well, I'd say this party's a big success." Hazel stepped in front of Alice, bending lower to press her lips to the girl. "You've really outdone yourself this time."

"Indeed." Alice and Hazel turned their heads to Jasper, smiling his way comfortingly when they noted his stiff stature.

"You really didn't have to stay, Jas," Hazel told the blonde. "Especially if it makes you uncomfortable."

"I'm fine, Darling," he replied. Jasper stepped closer, and Alice took his hand in hers, reaching on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

"I'm just going to go upstairs for a second, alright? I'll be back in a second." Alice smiled at them before bounding up the staircase.

"Probably to give herself a touch-up," Hazel hummed. "Anyway. We should probably mingle with the others before people start crowding around here."

Jasper hummed. He scanned the rooms, taking Hazel's hand. "Or we could hover around the food and let people come to us."

"Better idea, " Hazel nodded, pulling the vampire to the right. "I wonder if Chris is coming?" Hazel frowned. Hoping to ease her worry, Hazel picked up a brownie and bit into it.

"He might not like us, but I'm sure he wouldn't make you upset because of it, " Jasper responded, rubbing his thumb over the back of the girl's hand. "You are, after all, his best friend."

"I guess, " Hazel smiled. She picked up another brownie. "These are really good."

"Esme hoped so. I'll be sure to tell her."

"Where did the others go, by the way? I've meant to ask."

"They went hunting, " Jasper replied, glancing around, "but I would think they'd be around upstairs soon."

"Ah," Hazel hummed. She surveyed the scene around them, the milling guests moving between the rooms. She furrowed her eyebrows at Bella hovering by the entrance of the room they were in. "I'm going to go over and say hi to Bella." Hazel didn't wait for Jasper's response before maneuvering through the small groups of people to reach the pale brunette. "Bella! You came!"

"Oh, Hazel. Yeah." Bella smiled at the curly-haired brunette. "Alice did a good job. People seem to b having fun."

"Yeah, everyone I've met is so pumped."

"You made it!" Bella and Hazel turned to Bella's two friends, Angela and Jessica, who gave both the girls hugs.

"Hey." Jessica smiled, "What did you think of my speech? Too easy-breezy? Too self-helpful? You hated it?"

"No. I think you pretty much nailed it, " Bella replied.

"Yeah, I thought it was great!" Hazel grinned.

"Yeah? It's like I was born to lead, right?"

"Oh! I love this song! Let's go." Angela spoke, noticing Bella's quiet demeanour.

Hazel frowned at Bella. The Swan girl turned, heading to the food room. Hazel followed a few paces behind in case Bella required some space. When Bella halted at the door, surveying the area, Hazel glanced at Jasper standing in the corner. He was focused on Bella with a tight frown.

"Bella?" The girl turned in reaction to Hazel's words; only her eyes focused elsewhere.

Hazel followed her gaze. Her green pair landed on four males dressed all in black. Hazel noticed Christian almost immediately, his taller frame just towering over Jacob, Quil and Embry. A grin formed on her face as they locked eyes. The four stepped toward Hazel and Bella, and Hazel broke Christian from the group to hug him.

"So, your first graduation is over and done with." Hazel rolled her eyes at him. "Hey. I could have been talking about how you're going to graduate college."

"And that's what I could have been rolling my eyes at," Hazel retorted.

Both knew each other was wrong. The unspoken conversation was clear to them, and they both accepted the outcomes.

"Was my right hook too subtle for you?" Hazel and Christian turned their attention toward Bella and Jacob. "That was me uninviting you."

"Bella punched Jacob?" Christian whispered, his eyes wide. Hazel nodded. "Jesus."

"I'd blame it on the inner animal thing, but it was really just me... being an ass." Hazel and Bella both nodded in agreement, sharing a look from the space they stood. "I'm really sorry. I brought you something. A graduation present."

"Why didn't you get me anything?" Hazel turned to Christian, growing in feigned hurt. "I thought you were my best friend, Chris."

"Haze, they're trying to have a moment, " Christian sighed. Hazel was about to respond, however, Alice pausing in the middle of the staircase caught her eye. "What?"

"It's Alice," Hazel spoke, mostly pointed toward Jasper, who she knew could hear her. A familiar feeling of dread stirred within her stomach. "Something's wrong."

Both Hazel and Bella moved away from the four males. They stepped over to Alice, Hazel taking Alice's hand in her own. Hazel's gaze flicked to the doorway, where Jasper and the werewolves glared at each other as he stepped over to them. Hazel shot him a comforting smile. Bella questioned the vampire immediately.

"The decision's been made," Alice announced to the small group. Her eyes displayed the panic they all felt, her cold hand returning the squeeze Hazel sent her to ground herself.

"What's going on?" Jacob queried, leaving Christian, Quil and Embry to stand back and ponder.

"You're not going to Seattle." Bella let out a hushed breath.

Alice shook her head. "No. They're coming here."

"The other's are upstairs, we should go," Jasper spoke, taking Alice's hand as well and leading the girls up the stairs. "Jacob, can you get your other friends."

"Fine." Both Jacob and Jasper held back their bitter tones when speaking to one another.

"Hazel?" The girl turned back to Minnie and Kassie, who frowned at her in concern. "Is everything alright?"

"All good," Hazel grinned. "Just slight issue. Easily fixed. Give me a bit, alright?"

"Okay," Kassie shot the girl a thumbs up. Minnie continued to watch her best friend with furrowed eyebrows until Kassie grabbed her hand and led her away."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

sorry about the late update, I honestly had no idea it had been left for so long. I'm really sorry for leaving you all waiting.

i don't have much to say today, but I hope you enjoyed the chapter. make sure you get some water and a snack and I'll see you next time. bye! :)