𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ |

"What did you do?" Bella asked the group, not holding back on her aggressive tone as she stormed toward them. "What did you do?" She repeated, pushing Sam.

Hazel's eyes widened as she began to sprint toward them.

"Hey!" Christian barked, stepping forward.

"What did you do to him?"

Another of the boys stepped forward, Jared, Hazel guessed, but Sam pointed at him in warning. "Easy," the older boy growled. He directed his glare back to Bella.

"He didn't want this," Bella lectured, shaking her head. Hazel stopped just behind her, ready to jump in if needed.

"What did we do?" Paul spoke, moving up beside Sam. He looked aggravated and itching for a fight. "What did he do, hmm? What'd he tell you?"

"Both of you calm down," Sam ordered, pushing Paul back into Christian's grasp.

"Nothing," Bella replied. "He tells me nothing because he's scared of you." The males laughed at the statement, and Hazel cringed slightly. Bella's head shook in disbelief at their reaction.

"What the hell's so--"

Smack!

Hazel gasped, cutting her sentence off. She immediately grabbed Bella as Paul's face swung to the side from her punch. "Are you insane?" Hazel stared wide-eyed at the boy. "Get--get behind me," she whimpered, pulling the girl behind her as she stared at the pissed off boy.

"Too late now," Jared smiled, and Hazel shot a glare his way.

"Hazel! Both of you get back!" Sam commanded, waving his arm at his friend. Hazel sent a look his way, unable to move. A growl emitted from Paul's throat, trailing her. "Paul! Calm down now."

Hazel found feeling in her feet once more as she stumbled back,  pushing Bella with her. She focused on the familiar burning feeling in her free palm, holding it out in front of her. She widened the field of energy she released, hoping to make a bubble around herself and Bella.

Paul bent over, a snarl escaping his mouth. The voluminous noise made Hazel jump, her concentration slipping for a moment as she regained her footing. Paul shuddered, still emitting the snarls, then snapped back up. His body seemed to tear, and a monstrous wolf emerged from it. Hazel's hand slipped from Bella's, and she brought it out in front of her, now all her focus forced into her shield. The wolf growled and snarled, taking menacing steps towards the girls, though its eyes stayed trained on Bella.

Hazel tripped her way backwards. Her breathing picked up pace as she stared at the sharp teeth on the animal. They could easily tear her in half, Hazel noted. Hazel couldn't focus on anything but keeping Bella safe, which didn't seem that easy as it sounded like she was running away. Hazel's shield could only expand so far.

"Bella!" She heard Jacob's voice call. She couldn't turn around in fear of their protection falling.

"Run!" Bella shouted. Hazel picked up speed as she heard Bella's footfalls decreasing in volume. "Jake, run!"

Paul continued to step forward, baring his teeth at Hazel. Another snarl sounded, this time from behind Hazel. She ducked as she felt a presence behind her, allowing her energy shield to disappear completely. A shadow passed over her head, and when she looked up, another large wolf was in front of her. She could only guess that it was Jacob as he snarled at the wolf, which used to be Paul. The wolves stared each other down, roaring at stamping their paws before Jacob charged forward. His teeth latched around Paul's neck, and Hazel stared in horror as the pair began to brawl.