25| Imperfect date

Start from the beginning

"Did I tell you how handsome you look?!" You blurt out randomly in the attempt to catch him off guard.

"Thank you, you look beautiful yourself." Taehyung calmly answers. You scrunch your nose to sulk. You sometimes wished you could rip his chest apart to study what exactly he was feeling.

Feeling bold, you lean towards the table. Placing your elbow on the table and resting your face on your palm, you send him a cheeky smile. "So, what exactly do you like about me?"

"Hmm..." Taehyung looks down to think. "I like everything about you." He honestly answers.

Blushing at his comment, you try to compose yourself. "Hey! You can't just like everything about me?!" You laugh.

Taehyung only blinks in confusion. "I do,"

"What do you like the best?!" You try again.

"I like your smile the best," He answers. You would've been satisfied by now before he spoke again. "Actually, I like your eyes the best. It sparkles everytime you speak to me." Your smile stretches into a bigger one at that.

"Rea-"

"Come to think of it, I think I like the way you smell fruity." He lists again. You stare at him baffled but he talks once again the second later, "No! I like your hands. It's very warm and soft."

"Tae..." You bite your lips, trying your best to not fall more in love with the beautiful hearted man before you. "I only asked for one thing..." You timidly say.

"I've already told you I like everything. But you didn't wanted to believe it."

"Well..." You cough. "Okay so what do you dislike about me?!" You change the question.

"Hmm..." The man thinks. You gasp dramatically seeing him actually trying to think. Here you thought he would be a nice boyfriend and say nothing was wrong with you, and boast about how perfect you were.

"There are a quite a few of your habits that I do not like." Taehyung starts.

Jaw dropped, you take the knife on the table. "Hey! You can't just say that after saying you you like everything about me!" You sulk, creasing your brows heavily.

"But you're the one-"

"Hello sir and ma'am." A waiter comes to greet you with champagne bottle. He kindly offers you and Taehyung some. After pouring the liquid, the male asks for your order.

Taehyung and you get busy with the menu. Trying to make out a single word from the dish name, your eyes travel to the price. Holy shi- You instantly feel bad that you didn't bring your purse. You knew Taehyung wasn't doing the best financially as much as V. Chewing your inner skin nervously, you order what it seemed like the cheapest.

After the waiter left, you gaped at Taehyung. "Tae, will you be okay with paying?"

"I've already prepaid, you can order anything." He forwards, reassuringly.

"You did?" And he nods. "Be honest! Did V set this whole thing up?!" You attempt to laugh casually since you knew V was filthy rich and he practically could do anything for Taehyung.

You were faced with a complete silence. "I can pay for my own date." Taehyung speaks. You know his tone usually sounded cold but this time, it seemed icier than usual. "V did not pay for anything, I'm completely capable of paying on my own."

Your heart stills at the sudden change in the deepness of the voice. He was offended, anyone could sense it this time. "I-I didn't mean it that way-"

The atmosphere stilled as you tried to figure out if he was hurt or uncomfortable. You mentally cursed yourself for saying that.

The food arrived and you immediately grimaced at the sight of the live oyester and other seafood. Upon seeing the the squid moving around you squeal unknowingly. "OH MY GOD!" You get up from the table.