Plot 2- Chapter 7

Oberoi mansion decorated with lights and balloons... colors and flowers ... looking as rich and elegant it has been from the time of its inception was ready to welcome it's elite guests who in turn waited to get a glimpse of the business mogul's darling sister.

Dressed in their rich designer wear sketched by Zara, Ritu Kumar, Manish Malhotra or other similar... the girls were ready to make the head of the empire fall for their looks while the men dressed in tuxedos and three piece suits .... handsome with their hard exercised gym bodies flexed their muscles to impress the natural beauty. The Oberoi empire's business partners both old and new stood in queue to grab the attention of their boss ready with their royal families and well trained smiles.

Everybody knew about the home coming of Shivaay Singh Oberoi's sister two years back and that she holds her brother's heart. Now that she will finish her graduation in not more than six months, they waited with bated breaths for the announcement of a groom hunt by her brother so that they could grab the opportunity for one's own son or daughter...for once the sister gets married Shivaay will think of settling down himself. As they waited patiently for the party to begin, they heard the announcement of the arrival of Gauri Singh Oberoi along with her brother.

Among the guests were also present Gauri's not so rich friends Anika, Veer along with Omkara. Needless to say they did look good in their own way but felt out of place amongst the fake smiles and make up clad faces. Omkara wore a navy blue three piece suit his hair left open looking strikingly handsome. A few female heads craned in his direction to get a glimpse of his good looking face... thinking over and over as to which business partner's son he might be... ready to go on a long drive with him if he had a Mercedes-Benz or say a yes for a lust filled night if he had a penthouse suite.

Omkara's eyes were however fixed on the beauty which descended down the stairs holding her brother's arm. Dressed in a sapphire silk halter neck, full length gown she looked breathtakingly beautiful. The gown fit her like a glove hugging her at the right places giving her slim structure the alluring shape. Her hair was made into low tendril bun...leaving her back bare till her shoulder blades giving a view of her creamy skin making men go crazy for her. She wore a set of diamond earings which surely would cost more than Omkara's one year salary...

At times like these, he felt extremely insecure and insufficient for her... his mind reminded him time and again that she is a princess who had the world at her feet while he had the status slightly higher than the security who worked for her. How can he ask her to leave this luxury to stay with him? Will it not be too selfish of him to ask her that? Lately his rickety thoughts have been bugging him non-stop which made him ask her hand in marriage... the faster he made her his, the better his mind co-operated with him.

He never doubted her love for him though... he knew she loved him unconditionally as she never held back her feelings from him. When he saw her looking among the guests he knew she was searching for him and he walked forward into her line of vision to let her know of his attendance. The moment their eyes met; she gave him that one smile which drove all those wobbly thoughts out of his head. He smiled at her having his heart at peace and his mind relaxing.

Gauri felt immensely happy seeing Omkara come for the party. He outrightly refused her request when she invited him for the birthday bash thrown by Shivaay at their Mansion saying he doesn't fit in her brother's world of which she should be a part of. She pestered him to come, saying it was her birthday and he doesn't have a choice to say a no making him agree half heartedly. Though she felt a tad bit guilty for forcing him, she shushed down that thought not wanting to mull her current happiness.

She moved to greet him when Shivaay veered her off to one of his business colleagues involving her in their discussions and she had no option but stay there...though she stole glances at him making him smile at her.