Chapter 24: The Power of Songs

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy.

3rd Person POV

Peter helped Donald and Betty with their suitcases and once they arrived they looked forward to see the Watson residence.

-timeskip-

-timeskip-

After unpacking, Philip and Madeline said their goodbyes and left on their business trip.

Peter was exiting the bathroom when he heard the sound of a piano being played, he slowly followed it to a room and slowly peaked through the half open door to see Mary Jane on a keyboard playing a beautiful song and she begins to sing.

(A/N): Please listen to the song, thanks

While listening to the song Peter tried his best to think of his past and what it was like but once the song ended, he came out empty handed again. Once she finished, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. A knock on the door made her look up towards the exit of the room.

Her eyes widen to see Peter leaning on the door frame with a smile

Peter: Sorry for listening, but that was amazing.

Her faces began to become a slight pink and she looked down embarrassed.

MJ: H-How long have you been standing there.

Peter: Since the beginning of the song.

She covered her embarrassed face with both of her hands and wanted to shrink out of existence. The brunette boy just chuckled but walked into the room and leaned on the frame of her bed.

Peter: Again I'm sorry, but there is nothing to be ashamed about. Donald and Betty told me you were a great singer but I think that's just the biggest understatement of the year.

She slightly moved her hands down and looked at the brunette boy.

MJ: Y-You really t-think so?

Peter: Of course, I don't have a reason to lie.

He said with his bright smile that was contagious and made her slightly smiled.

She slowly removed her hands from her face and continued to smile

MJ: D-Do you play anything, I've played the piano my entire life and I've recently been learning the guitar

Peter: Uhm, to be honest I don't know.

MJ: Uh? What do you mean?

Peter:.....To be honest, I don't remember anything about my past. I've been losing my memories lately and the only thing I really remember from my past is my name. I can't remember what my parents look like or if I had any friends.

MJ: Oh, I'm sorry

Peter: There's nothing to apologize about, I may not remember but I do know one thing. Whoever I become, I want the people that knew me to be proud of the the man I become. And to do that, I have to view the positive things in life and fight off the negativity the world brings.

The redhead smiles at the boys determination and motivation that oozes from him.

Peter: But I can give it a try at the guitar.

He grabs the guitar that was resting on the side of the bed.  He position himself on the bed and tries to think of a song.

He suddenly his fingers moves on their own without him clearly thinking which strings to play. Then words come out of his mouth without him consciously doing it.

(A/N): Please listen to the song, thanks

The redhead'd eyes open as she listens to the brunette boy sing a short but lovely song.

Once he finishes he puts the guitar aside and smiles.

MJ: That was great, you play the guitar pretty well and your singing is great.

The brunette boy blushes slightly and scratches the back of his neck.

Peter: To be honest, I didn't even know where that came from, I just played the string and sang the song without thinking at all.

MJ: A friend told me that songs have power. The songs that we love with all of our being is tattooed onto our heart and you will never forget it.

Peter: That's a nice way to think about it. Donald and Betty told me that you're to shy to sing in public.

MJ: I am, I can sing perfectly when I'm alone but when people are watching me, I freeze up at the thought of them laughing at me.

Peter: How about I help you?

MJ: R-Really? You'll help me Pete?

Peter: No not really

She let out a fake pout and lowered her eye brows.

Peter: *Chuckling* I'm joking, of course I would be happy to get rid of you shyness.

The boys laughs while the girl slightly punches his arm, what they don't notice is the older couple taking a peak at the young pair and smiled.

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Shorter chapter today but big plans for the future. More chapters coming soon and wear your mask.