""Timmy, do you have to go potty?" Or "Timmy, do you have to go to the bathroom?" See? Interchangeable." Mom argued her point, making gestures.

"Mom, watch the hands. You're not Italian." I commented when she almost hit me in the head.

"Not exactly interchangeable." Rory argued with her and I just sighed in defeat.

"How are they not interchangeable?"

"To go potty is an action. To go to the bathroom is to go into a specific place."

"I hate the word "potty."" Mom said with a pout.

"Well, what did you teach me to say?" Rory said her curiously.

""Bathroom.""

"You did?"

"Yes, of course." She said as if it was obvious. Then she turned to me, "What did dad teach you to say?" she asked but luckily I was saved from answering when Luke appeared at the table.

"What can I get you?" he asked us.

"A foster home." Rory and I said at the same time.

"You'll thank me one day." She told us and then turned back to Luke and smiled coyly. "Hi."

"I'm working." He grumbled lowly.

"Come on. This is the beginning of a relationship. You're supposed to act stupid."

"I'll do the chicken dance on my lunch break." He said dryly and then turned his attention to me and Rory. "Heading back to school?"

"Yeah, sophomore year." I answered him with a smile.

"Anything you want - on the house." He told us and I clapped excitedly before diving on the menu and Rory smiled her thanks.

"I can't believe you won't flirt with me in front of my daughters. They're gonna think there's something wrong with me." Mom aid with a too bright fake smile.

"Please. I got that confirmation letter a long time ago. Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and half bacon, half sausage." I said to Luke and Rory ordered the same as me.

"I'll have the same, and put it on their tab." Mom tried to get free breakfast.

"You get your own tab." Luke told her matter-of-factly.

"Oh, thank God you don't have a Latin accent, or you'd be completely irresistible." Mom replied dryly.

"Coffee will be ready in a minute."

"Be back in a second." Mom said and then followed after him. Rory and I were talking about the classes we were taking this year and how Rory had scored a placement in an exclusive six week course when mom comes strutting back over to the table.

"What was that all about?" I asked her with a knowing smile.

"We were just talking about our date for tonight."

"A real date? Finally!" Rory cried happily and we all smiled together.

"What are you gonna wear?" I asked her as I leaned forward on the table in anticipation.

"Mmm, glass slippers, a backwards baseball cap..." she trailed off with a happy smile on her face.

"...and nothing else." I finished for her with a sly smile and a wink.

"Exactly."

"I'm very excited." Rory told us. I nodded my head to agree with my twin. We were all excited that our mom and Luke were finally going out. After years of longing and flirting they had kissed at the test run of mom new inn. Sookie, mom best friend and I had a bet going to see how long it would take them to hook up. Sookie bet that Rory and I would be out of college by the time one of them made a move. I had happily collected my fifty bucks from her the night after they kissed. We made another bet five minutes afterwards to see when they have sex. I said that it would be on the first date but Sookie disagreed and bet that it would be on the second. Rory didn't make a bet, just scolded us for betting on people's private lives.