II: Chapter 15- Finding you

The two stared at each other for a moment. Y/N had almost forgotten why she had pulled back in the first place, it would be so easy to continue, but she didn't. At that point, she had given up entirely.

Her lips trembled as she tried to hold back her tears. She sat up and threw the covers off of her, starting to stand up and running out of the room.

"What..wait..Y/N!!" He called out desperately, leaning toward and reaching his hand out to grab onto her before she could run out of his reach. However, he was too slow. His finger grazed Y/N's elbow as she moved along, making her shudder as she ran out the door and closed it shut. Kunikida threw the sheets off of himself as well, and he made his way to the door.

But it wouldn't open.

Damn it, had she created a blockage? He cursed as he violently turned the knob, desperate to open the door. To his last resort, he backed up and kicked the door open with success. He ran out to the main area and noticed things had been pushed over to slow him down he assumed. As he ran around, he heard the entrance door ahead close shut. His stomach knotted, and he quickly dashed for the door, that thankfully wasn't blocked by anything.

With all the chaos, he assumed he would wake the neighbors, but it did not matter. The blonde noticed Y/N up ahead, frantically pushing the button inside the elevator to close.

"Y/N!" The shout of his voice made her jump and frantically moved around as the elevator door slowly closed, leaving Kunikida behind. He slammed his fists into the metal barrier and cursed once more. He looked to his left and found the emergency stairs

perfect, he would meet her at the bottom floor

But he would not.

~♚♚♚~

Y/N found herself on the 2nd floor instead. Steadily as to not make any noise, she jogged through the hallway. Kunikida was possibly already waiting for her on the 1st floor, and she couldn't take that risk.

She made her way over to the end of the hallway and found one of the apartment doors was opened. It looked as if it was broken into. She slowly opened the door and found the place a huge mess. Broken glass laid all over the wood tile floor, Y/N kept a note to watch where she was stepping. The place itself looked vacant, however, so she saw it as the perfect escape route. The young woman took note that each apartment had a balcony, and she was on the 2nd floor, meaning she could go out from there. She went to the back of the apartment and found the balcony, opened the door, and immediately felt Yokohama's freezing air in her lungs.

It was much colder than she was expecting

Regardless, she threw herself upon the railings and found a place to land on the bottom of the building. She landed on a few garbage bags, which wasn't the best option, but it worked. Then she ran, ran like there was no tomorrow.

Her feet were bare, so the thin ice forming on the sidewalk made them ache. She was already a weakling to cold regardless, so this did not make her desperate escape any easier. Tears were flooding her vision, and it made it difficult to see. She had failed to kill him, once again; And to make matters worse Kunikida had known. How could she be so stupid? Why not do it when he's asleep?

Why confess to him right before you try to kill him, then let him kiss you??

Y/N stopped and turned into an alleyway to take a breather. Surely she was far away from Kunikida at this point, right? She collapsed onto the ground with a grunt and winced in pain from the impact. Although she didn't move from the ground, she just laid there. She stared in space for a moment, then dug her face into the snow. It wasn't soft like what she was hoping and fantasized about, it felt like crushed pieces of ice. Regardless, she screamed and cried out into the snow, making her sounds muffled. She got up on all fours still sobbing and made her way over to a big dumpster that laid on the right of the alleyway. She rested her back on it and laid her head back to look at the sky. Her sight became dark, as her eyelids started to slowly close.

The tired woman had then remembered Eve. Would she be seeing it? Eve was going to be so terribly upset, and rightfully so to be fair. She dreaded the thought of the incoming pain to come to her when she would give out to her tiredness and fall asleep, Y/N even tried to stay awake desperately in fear. She curled herself up in a ball and fell her head to the ground to warm herself up.

~♚♚♚~

For the love of god, where did this woman run off to? The blonde was both hurt and confused. Why did she aim a gun in his head with murder in mind? He kissed her as the last resort, hoping it would help, and luckily it did. Kunikida tried to convince himself that he did the action just to save himself, but he could not lie to himself. He shook his head to forget the thought as he walked out of the apartment complex anxious. Regardless, he needed to get her back. Both because she almost committed a serious crime, and because he was worried for her. He was a mess, not having his notebook, or proper clothing to go outside. His hair was out of its neat ponytail, and he too was chilly from the cold air. Wearing a loose short-sleeved shirt and basketball shorts was most likely not the best attire to wear while walking in the snow.

After looking around the different sections of the building, he sighed, full of irritation. He headed back inside quickly. For all he knew, she could still be inside the complex. He ran up the stairs to the 6th story, and bolted into his room, getting ready to look all over the city for her. He slipped his loose pants and boots on, putting a large coat over his short-sleeved shirt. He put his hair into a messy ponytail and grabbed his ideals notebook, and gun, putting both into his pocket. As he went down the different floors, he ran through them quickly to see if there was any trace of her. He hesitated to go to the 2nd floor but decided to go just in case. He jogged down the hall and found something odd. An open door to an apartment room.

Hopeful, he let himself in looking around. The exhausted blonde found the place to be a huge mess. He went to the back and found the door that led to the balcony to be wide open. He dashed through it, and his heart lifted. Below him, he saw footprints in the snow that started from right underneath the balcony.

"There you are.."

The blonde wasted no time and jumped down to the first floor with a harsh impact on his ankles, and followed the footprints. Kunikida soon noticed that the footprints turned into an alleyway. He stopped jogging and took his gun out. The detective quietly went through the snow as he neared the corner. He took a deep breath in and faced whatever was in the alleyway.

Nothing could prepare him for what he saw. His eyelids lifted and he dropped his gun, skin turning white as snow.