Chapter 19- Investigating

"Maybe you should start listening to your mind from now on."

What did that even mean? She was listening to her mind, constantly. Y/N was a tad upset that Kunikida wasn't more excited for her to be getting her memories back, but she shrugged it off. She hardly knew the man after all, and as he said, she was just a mere client to him before. If that were the case though, then surely she could've been trusted right?

The woman couldn't focus and sighed putting the clipboard that laid on her lap on the small table on the side of her bed. She said she was willing to sleep on the bed in the infirmary, although they didn't have many other options other than the couch in the lobby. Y/N rubbed her fingers on her temples and fell her back backward laying down.

"Damn, who the hell am I..?" Y/N muttered to herself. Still laying down, she grabbed the same clipboard from before and looked at the words written on the paper attached to it.

Yosano had told her to write down every single thing she remembered in as much detail as she could, and if she remembered something new, write it down. Y/N looked over her list.

1. Micky, or maybe Mickey? Friend(??) since I was a child. Whereabouts are unknown.

2. Eve, or CHNO.45. It's been something part of my life for ages, don't know why though. It hurt me in terrible ways, I'm glad it's gone.

3. Special ability...

Y/N paused where she stopped writing at number 3. Should she even consider it a special ability? She didn't have the system of an ability user, so what was it she had? The woman reached over to grab her pen and crossed out "special ability"

3. Power of some sorts?? It became an instinct to use, don't remember what it was specifically.

4. Older brother, had power over me. All I recall is his green eyes.

That's all she could remember. She frowned, looking at her very small list. She clicked her pen until she smiled and added one more thing.

5. My name

She yawned and stretched her arms out bored beyond compare. What was she supposed to do? Y/N threw the sheets off of her legs and got up. She swung the door open and giddily walked out, wearing black sandals, a white shirt, and some sweatpants. As the woman walked through the hall, she could hear a phone ring, then a person's voice.

~♚♚♚~

"Dazai? What is it? Where in God's name have you been?? I thought you had drowned yourself in a river or something." Kunikida lectured the brunette on the other line after answering the phone call. The chirpy voice chuckled.

"While that would've been lovely Kunikida-kun, I'm afraid I have yet to find a beautiful mistress, so unfortunately no," Dazai replied with a playful smirk. He could almost hear Kunikida's eye roll.

"So what is it that you want?" The blonde asked impatiently.

"Right right, well..—"

~♚♚♚~

Y/N came out of the hall reaching the main office where Kunikida was. He was on the phone, with a man named Dazai apparently. Kunikida took note of Y/N's presence by glancing at her for a moment, noticing her curious stare.

"Right..understood." The blonde said in a more serious tone, closing the phone shut soon after and standing up from his seat.

"There's business I must attend to across town. Yosano in the cafeteria if you need anything." He explained quickly grabbing his ideals notebook.