nineteen

uhm sooooo you guys ended up eating dinner with them. this was not how you planned but suna seemed cool with it.

did he not realize that he'd have to pose as your boyfriend the whole time?

actually, he did. and he did pretty welll, considering you guys were holding hands while walking.

suna didn't seem to freak about it so much. probably because he didn't like you (which hurts), but you were sweating and freaking out.

you guys arrived at the restaurant and sat at the same table as jen.

"so, how'd you guys meet?" jen asked. she seemed very interested in you two. you two, or just suna alone.

"well, i became the manager for his volleyball team, so..." you answered. she nodded.

"oh, that's sweet! i'm guessing inarizaki is doing you good." she passively smiled. you could see the faintest blood vein popping.

you also got a little provoked by that. "actually yes. way better than (name) highschool did me." you retorted, faking a smile.

suna noticed this and side eyed you while inspecting jen and her boyfriend again.

he didn't like the vibe of that couple at all.

being the great poser he was, he wrapped his arm around your waist and relaxed. you slowly got flustered.

"hmph, but you still have those stupid caprisun's with you everyday, don't you?" jen giggled. your eyebrow started twitching.

"i bet you still ask your boyfriend to do your homework?" you shot back.

now the tension was wilding. but of course, jen's stupid boyfriend had to step in.

"it's chill. by the way, did you make any friends in your new school?" he asked. you felt the saltiness in his tone.

he was obviously trying to insult you. but before you could answer..

"—actually they have. they made a lot. some are from different schools, too." suna interrupted.

"i wasn't asking you." he spat.

"well y/n didn't ask you either." suna squinted, feeling petty.

now the tension was horrendously scary.

"are you guys ready to order?" the waitress asked. you nodded your head, ordering for everyone.

"so we'll have—"

as you ordered, suna thought to himself. he honestly felt bad for you. being former friends with those two must've been a pain.

he liked watching though. you were interesting to him.

"ok, i'll be back with your food!" the waitress said, leaving.

you sighed. eating with them would be such a pain in the ass.

"so, since you're a volleyball team manager, do you know sakusa kiyoomi?" jen asked, looking at her phone.

she was just watching one of itachiyama's matches.

"yeah i do, i've met him before." you said.

"what?! no, no you haven't." jen rolled her eyes.

you just decided to ignore whatever she had to say.

"whatever. but he's not all sunshine and rainbows." you warned her.

am i wrong? he's oddly blunt and quiet. quite the blunt too.

"ugh, say what you want." she ignored.

_

then the food finally came. and of course you dug in. suna also ate his food peacefully while the couple in front of you would just glare at you guys.

"what?" you barked at them. jen flinched a little and cleared her throat.

"how do you guys even manage to eat that much?" she asked in a disgusted tone. you rolled your eyes.

"eating helps you grow and heal. plus i just naturally have a big stomach." you raised your voice at her. she was skating on thin ice. the thin ice was your patience.

"well, eating a lot can be unhealthy." jen snapped.

nevermind. she was now drowning. deep down into the ocean.

"do i look unhealthy to you?! plus i already told you i have a big stomach." you snapped back. you were healthy. thriving and having fun. until she showed up.

suna looked at you trying to signal something, but you ignored him. so he grabbed your wrist and got up.

"let's go and have some fun. away from these two." he whispered to you while side eyeing them. you nodded your head and he wrapped his arm around your shoulder. he whispered that loud enough for them to hear.

jen and her boyfriend looked offended and the both of you left.

"sigh, finally." you relaxed. suna looked at you while unrapping his arm.

"thanks, suna." you said rubbing your eyes.

"it's all good. want to eat somewhere else?" he asked. you thought about it.

"sure. where though?"

"we can eat ramen at your house." he laughed.

"you can cook?" you asked, gleaming.

he then deadpanned and simply squinted. "of course i can."

sorry for the slow burn 🤠