eight

today was the day itachiyama was coming over for training. you had to prepare for everything.

the water, towels, and lunch.

for the water, osamu lent you a hand and so did suna. so it was way faster. but the towels and lunch you did with the help of hikari and itachiyama's manager.

hikari wasn't the manager, but someone needed to help you out from student council so she volunteered.

you guys were friends, and she was free.

"y/n?" hikari asked. "yes?" you replied.

"can you take care of the soup? sorryyy, my boyfriend's calling." she whispered and pointed at her phone. you nodded and she skipped away.

yes, she had a boyfriend (fukunaga). but he went to a school in tokyo. he helped her get over her ex-girlfriend.

so you were left there with itachiyama's manager, ryuna. she was a third year, though.

"hey, y/n?" she asked.

"yeah?" you asked stirring the soup. she walked over to you and placed her hands on her shoulder.

"i'm warning you about sakusa on our team. he's quite the stingy one...." she laughed. you raised an eyebrow.

"he's probably going to get on your nerves if you meet him, i'm just giving you a heads up. but if something happens, ask komori." she notified you.

you nodded your head and continued to cook. the rest of the boys were already busy practicing.

so once you finished cooking lunch, you, ryuna, and hikari went to the gym and handed out water bottles and towels.

they finished one of their sets against itachiyama. itachiyama won the set.

"hey y/n!" atsumu yelled.

"yeah, bro?" you turned to face him. he put his hands on his hips and looked up.

"my serve wasn't out of bounds. and my serve got more points than samu's." he beamed.

you laughed and clapped at him.

"well, you still owe me pudding from last week." osamu shrugged. atsumu just groaned in pain.

"y/n! manager person." suna called out. you rolled your eyes at the nickname and walked over to him. he was covering his hand with a towel.

"yeah?" you asked. he pointed at his finger and it needed some taping.

"ah, okay...." you said taking out tape. you taped his middle finger to his pointer finger as he watched you.

istg if this bitch makes fun of my taping.

Hikari knows a lot more about managing a volleyball club than i do. but i guess i'm not complaining.

"there, it's all done." you stuck a thumbs up at suna. "thanks." he said.

you were about to walk away when suna grabbed your shoulder and pulled you to the side.

"ouch bro—" then you saw the volleyball fly past him, where you were.

oh shittt, suna just saved my head.

"thanks suna! i'll give you pudding for that later!" he cocked his eyebrow. "Buy me lunch instead."

You paused. "What? Uh...no!"

"Boohoo." He fake frowned.

you then sat at the bench with Ryuna complaining about how mean and stupid the boys can be during practice.

and ryuna had a lot to say. she also talked about her first days of practice and so did you.

although you started only like 2-3 weeks ago.

everything else was just handing towels, drinks, or taking down notes.

you yawned while secretly drinking a caprisun. it was probably the last for this week.

"y/n!" coach kurosu called to you. you jumped up and ran over to him.

"yes, coach?"

"can you get ready for lunch, now? after this set they'll be at the cafeteria." he said. you nodded and skipped to the kitchen.

lunch smelled great. you could smell it from the gym. it was some soup with pork and rice and other side dishes.

but on your way you saw a figure going back and forth, heading to the wrong side of the school.

you walked towards him. a bunch of thoughts rushed through your head.

why is he wearing a mask? is he from itachiyama?

"u-uh, dude?" you asked pulling him away from the school. he wasn't supposed to enter that area.

he flinched at your touch and pulled his arm from your grip. you felt a little offended by this until you realized it was sakusa.

sakusa moved a few feet away from you.

"who are you?" he asked, making you surprised.

"uhm, i'm l/n, inarizaki's manager and you're not supposed to go there." you answered.

he furrowed his eyebrows. "where's the bathroom?"

"sigh, follow me." you guided him to the restroom. he kept his distance from you and was really really silent.

"here is the boys bathroom—" he went inside before you could finish.

geez, how rude. wheres this komori dude.

oh shit i forgot, i have to prepare lunch.

you ran to the kitchen to find hikari and ryuna working their hands off.

"y/n! hurry, quit slacking."

"sorry, sorry. i ran into sakusa who was about to enter school." you explained. hikari scoffed and ryuna snorted.

"did it go well?" she asked. you thought about it,, and no not really. you shook your head no.