SPECIAL CHAPTER III

Special Chapter 3/3;
A New Adjustment

|~[𝖙.𝖙]~|

I just wanna warn you guys that in this chapter, Taehyun has black hair and Beomgyu has blonde hair. It might be confusing since I use hair colors to describe the characters and their hair colors are now flipped. Just a heads up so you don't get confused ;)

|~[𝖙.𝖙]~|

It was, once again, a sullen and cloudy Halloween. Though, there was no fog covering the ground nor was the weather as chilly as it was the year before. It wasn't even nighttime yet. Still, it was crisp and invigorating outside.

For Halloween this year, Taehyun wasn't going to be alone and sitting on the couch, consuming an unhealthy amount of candy. Instead, Beomgyu had asked him to hang out with him.

"Taehyun," Beomgyu chirped, sitting in the seat opposite of Taehyun at the lunch table. As it was a new school year, three important people were missing from their usual spot. It was merely Taehyun, Beomgyu, and Kai who remained.

The youngest of the three kept his head down, grasping across the table for somebody who wasn't there. "Yeonjun... Why did you have to leave me...?" He breathed out, fake-sobbing afterward.

With a newly-lightened head of hair, Beomgyu chuckled lowly, grabbing Taehyun's right hand. The latter simply let him play with his fingers as he used his other hand to eat his food. "You're going to be alone next year, Kai," Taehyun sighed, "you better start making new friends soon."

Said boy frowned, wishing he could turn back time and tell Yeonjun's mother not to-

He quickly disregarded that thought.

"I have an idea for our Halloween costumes," Beomgyu grinned, staring at the younger boy enthusiastically. Humming, Taehyun glanced at him, "what are they?" Before Beomgyu could respond, Kai cut in, "are you guys actually going to the party?? Taehyun, how'd you convince your parents?"

The black-haired boy shrugged, "they've been acting weird lately and said I didn't have to stay home this year if I had other plans." Gasping in surprise, Kai covered his mouth, "scary." Taehyun refocused his attention to the other, repeating himself, "what are the costumes?"

Smiling, Beomgyu shook Taehyun's hand, "Danny and Sandy from Grease." Tilting his head to the side in apprehension, Taehyun questioned, "which one of us will be Sandy?" The older boy scoffed, "I'm the one with blonde hair."

Feeling relieved at that, Taehyun nodded in agreement with the other's costume idea. It was a simple idea and didn't involve much actual effort. Kai pursed his lips, "if I dress up as Rizzo, would you guys mind?" Furrowing his eyebrows, Taehyun gazed strangely at the other.

Swallowing harshly, Kai broke out into a burst of abashed laughter, "I'm just kidding... I already have a costume." Blinking a few times in silence, Taehyun nodded, "I'll just ignore that comment that has zero meaning to it then."

After a seemingly long day of school, the three walk home together and split ways once they arrive at Kai's house. "Do you want me to tell Shuhua you two are coming so she can pick you guys up when she comes to pick me up?"

Sparing a glimpse toward Beomgyu to make sure he's okay with that, Taehyun nodded, "what time should we come over?" Kai shrugged, "I'll text you - probably seven."

They parted, Taehyun and Beomgyu heading to the former's house. "I brought my outfit in my backpack. You have a leather jacket, right?" Beomgyu asked, following the other inside. The younger boy didn't say anything as he led the blonde upstairs.